7 useful android apps with Reddit-approved routines [tested by me]

franklampard14

1. Bodyweight Fitness
This is a free and underrated app that is based on the old recommended routine from r/bodyweightfitness, which, in my opinion, is better than the current RR. I love that it's free and lightweight.
  1. StrongLifts: Provides a simple, 5x5 workout routine for building strength. The app measures your strength level based on your squat 1RM and starts you off accordingly. If you're not afraid of the classic 5x5 scheme and don't believe in the T-rex shape, you're welcome to try it out.
  2. Perseus: This app contains a lot of pre-built routines, including the Reddit BWF Recommended Routine and the r/Fitness Basic Beginner Routine (that's how I found it). The full list includes:
  • StrongLifts 5x5
  • Greyskull LP
  • Push Pull Legs
  • Wendler 5/3/1, including Building the Monolith and other variations
  • Ivysaur's 4-4-8
  • nSuns 531 LP
  • Madcow 5x5 Training Program
  • Texas Method
  • Ice Cream Fitness 5x5 Novice Program
  • GZCLP
  • Metallicdpas PPL
As you can see, literally all credible routines are included.
  1. nSuns 5/3/1
This is a free app for nSuns, which is a pretty neat variation of the 5/3/1 program. You can find more information about nSuns on this subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/newSuns/
  1. BootCamp
From the original description: "Boostcamp puts all of Reddit's best free workouts in one app... if you felt intimidated by the spreadsheets, give Boostcamp a try." - Lifehacker. My correction: it's not that slick.
  1. Caliverse
This app has a well-designed tree of bodyweight moves and is good for those who strive to master advanced bodyweight skills.
  1. Five3One
This app is another variation of the 5/3/1 lifting program based on different Wendler routines.

Actually, I deleted all these apps (except #1) from my phone since it started to slow down, and I decided to clean up some digital garbage. I wrote this text mostly for myself to remember which programs I will reinstall in case of need :)

Back