Advice for Weightloss

fibo777

I need advice in my mission weightloss which seem to give up alot of times...

I am 101 kgs and my height is 5'10.

I workout 4 to 5 days a week for the past 1.5 months ...

my gym trainer has suggested that I use BPI Sports CLA + L Carnitine as a weightloss supplement alongwith the workout..

for my diet i take 4 slices of bran bread in breakfast with little bit of butter because i just cant eat bran bread alone it seems to dry and for lunch i take 250 gm of salad and for dinner i eat a chicken tikka which is cooked in steam..

is this a good routine for visible weightloss in a couple of months...

Please advice

@fibo777 Yeah, you certainly don't need to, and shouldn't take any supplements for the purpose of weight loss.

As commented before, you need to weigh your food and log it, so that you know (accurately) how many calories you're consuming. With the information you can start eating in a caloric deficit, which is the only thing that truly matters in terms of fat loss.

@fibo777 Get a new trainer. The tried and true method for real weight loss that sticks is counting calories and focusing on making long term changes. Supplements aren't going to do it for you. Your trainer doesn't sound like they have your best interests and long term health as a priority.

Also, healthy weight loss is considered to be an average of 2 or less pounds per week. At your weight, you may be able to shed more in the beginning, but it's really important to go low and slow to keep yourself from burning out and "yo-yoing" back to unhealthy eating.

Especially when you are excersizing, you need to be eating enough calories to keep up your excersize routine and not burn out or get injured.

Look up a few calorie counters online and take an average of them to get an idea where you should start. Be very, very honest with yourself about your activity level. You will need to weigh your food and track your calories in a notebook or through an app (MyPlate or MyFitnessPal are great) to keep track. Weigh yourself and adjust your calorie intake every couple of weeks to dial in. Losing too slow? Cut 100 or 200 calories off your daily intake. Losing too fast? Add 200 calories to your daily intake.

Losing weight in a healthy manner is a longterm goal. It's important to get your mindset to looking months and years in the future in order to be successful.

Good for you for getting started!

@exabus2 This is the way! I would also suggest to increase your daily activity start with 8k-10k steps daily and if you do all he said ☝ youll lose pounds in no time.

Back