Am I too Old for gains? Muscle and Strength?

@lucaannibale My grandfather started in his late 60's. He said it was simple consistency. 1-2 hours of exercise a day, switching between cardio and weights.

The biggest thing he changed, though, was his diet. He eats simple, non processed foods, cutting down carb intake and completely removed sugar from his diet.

We had a deadlift competition this summer, and he was able to keep up with me to a 350lbs lift!

I really do believe you're never too old to get in shape.

@lucaannibale I'm 49 and I got to three sets of eight Pull-Ups before switching to different variations. Seems to me like you aren't resting enough. I rested 3 minutes between each set. Also I heard that when you get to our age you need to eat more protein so why don't you try that?

@emyrs Thx for your input. I’m definitely going to increase protein. Seems like the general consensus here. I’m way under eating.
I’m new to this fitness world and don’t know all the right ways to build my body and strength. I came off a couch in mid April 2022 at 240 lbs and have been working hard to improve my body, diet, strength everyday since. I lost the bulk of my weight in the first 4 months. Got down to 175 lbs. I had some health problems prior to April and the cause of those problems were directly related to inactivity and poor choices.

Back