Are presses enough for upper chest?

@curiousmel ya i definitely dont think shoulder pressing would be enough for upper chest.

the other question id have is, enough for what?

enough to build maximal strength? enough to build a helluva good upper chest?

or enough to just not look like shit?

For the first 2 id say no. Whereas id say incline pressing would be enough for front delts.

@curiousmel So if you're looking for bit pecs the overhead press won't quite do it. If you look at body builders over the years you'll see smaller chests in the early days of body building. The main thing that helped to develop the really big pecs is the bench press. So overhead press isn't bad but won't give you that big body builder type chest.

@himibelieve I know about the classic physique. Look at the Greek statues. And I don't like huge pecs at all. I believe shoulders and traps are much more important for aesthetics.

I simply wonder if I can get by without direct chest work. Just to look athletic, but not like a bodybuilder.

@curiousmel Then I think you might be ok if you're just looking for an athletic look. Probably just keeping fat off and throw in some push ups and you should get the look you're going for.