I can't afford enough protein to grow muscle

@mcl123 It's fine if you are eating enough. I had the same concern but chilled out about it since listening to some nutrition info.
Just for maintaining enzymes, hormones, fingernails and hair .8g per kilo of body weight.
Christopher Gardner, Stanford professor in nutrition, says in general on average women eat 2500 and men 3000 calories. In these 2500-3000 calorie diets people eat between 16-18% of their calories from protein, about 1.59g of protein per kilogram. Not trying to increase their protein, just eating food!
Gardner gives an example of someone who wants to gain 10 kilos (22 pounds) of muscle over a year. He considers 70% of the muscle is water therefore 3kg of muscle is 3000g of extra amino acids over a year, dividing that by 365 days per year is an extra 10 grams of protein. He then considers that when people work hard in the gym they're breaking down muscle too so to compensate that an additional 10g of protein.
According to Gardner to build 10kilos in a year you need the 0.8g of protein per kilo + 20g. Is that about 85g for yourself?
Most people everyday are eating an additional 20-30grams extra protein over the 0.8g/kg.
Additional point Gardner makes is when we work hard we eat more, eating more means more protein. He also states protein is functional, it's used by the body the day it's consumed otherwise of not used it will be converted knto carbs and fat for use or storage.

I for example ate 2200 something calories yesterday, getting 103g of protein which was 18% of my calories from protein. This was eating wholegrain, legumes, vegetables, fruits, nuts and about 100g of chicken breast & a portion of tofu.

Gardner's words can be found at this link.

@mcl123 I’m drinking four year out of date vegan protein shake… It’s still working as I’m going up in weights sets and reps but and surprisingly no gas and no bloating due to having it with a little water and a little milk. Will I survive

@mcl123 U still got some fat to turn into muscle anyways. I’m 6’2 and 170lbs . 21 inch quads , 15.5 inch calves and 14 inch arms without flexing, and I still got some fat to loose