Awesome spreadsheet to find new exercises or find out what you should now progress to

chris379

Hey all - Ive been struggling to find new exercises which fit the following criteria:

A = I can do

B = Its a sufficient challenge for my strength

This spreadsheet is a great help if you are the same as me!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1a8tlZ-zbF695HA3Lmm20OIYeYYxo1lmUOczUXKLoL4s/edit#gid

EDIT:

- The original creator of this sheet was @jellybug78 (I just shared! - please thank him)!

- Changed the first two lines to make it clear that the sheet is useful if you have these problems (not as a progression tool)

- Yes you can download it > Open link > Top left click "File" > Download. It seems the file is very busy right now, can someone who already have the file upload it to a sharing website and Ill put the link here?

- Yes Im an amateur too this is supposed to help us become better! Im videoing a new challenge each week >

@chris379 I have printed that about a year ago in 4x A4 papers, glued it together and taped it in my wardrobe. It's awesome to go there from time to time to mark a new exercise/skill as accomplished. Also, many times when I'm feeling kind of down, getting to look at how many things I achieved in these trees makes me feel better.

@chris379 Was feeling really discouraged because some of the recommended progressions were too big of a jump for me to make (i.e. scapular pulls to pull-up negatives). This is awesome; thank you!

@chris379 great chart, I have to admit, I don't now what is more demotivating, seeing that I'm still at beginner in most caterogies after 2 years, or seeing that so many exercises need equipment I do not have nor the room to get them...

@williamt but you also need something to mount them. I have some rings, but the only thing I have to mount them allows only a very limited range of motion. So e.g. ring dips with knees tucked in.

My pull up progression hence uses weights....I would love to be able to do those asimetric movements :(

@jojofromrichmond There are bars that squeeze between two walls instead of hang on door frames

My door frames are too shit to hang anything on them too, but this kind of bar worked out and they are cheap

Its really unlikely you dont have somewhere for one of those. Even the door frame is usually good enough and then you can hang rings on it too

If you are not too heavy (>100kg or so i stimate) you dont even need to drill holes for the bar stops to secure the bar a little more