Baylee Rayl not competing in the 2024 CrossFit Games

@endtimeservant777 "Adding to the trend of women stepping away from competition"

Just adding to the list of "famous" women (and men) leaving who talk about it on social media. There's ton's of athletes both male and female, leaving all the time that neither get nor make a big deal about it. All these posts are just marketing efforts to get eyes on their new product or brand. She literally tagged (@calledtob) in her IG post and talks about it in interviews.

@endtimeservant777 It's weird that people in this sub won't see athletes as people who can decide by themselves what they think is important in life and what they want out of it. Whether it's Mal or Emma Cary or Baylee Rayl, it's their life, leave them to find their own path in life and what they want to do, it's none of our fucking business to say anything else.

@giftsigns They kind of lost the right to say ‘none of your business’ when they deliberately go into a public forum to state what they are doing and why.
Want people to butt out? Don’t broadcast what you’re doing.

@jadex LOL I got downvoted so hard for saying basically this exact same thing during the Emma Cary bow out. 🤣

I had “Main Character syndrome” (thanks Reddit’s best keyboard psychologists!) when I said it.

@jadex If she decided not to compete and didn’t give a reason this same sub would speculate about why. She’s just explaining why for anyone who’s curious.

People lose their minds over any athlete that does this and watching them have a breakdown over someone else’s religion will always be hilarious.

@jadex She didn't use a public forum, it was her own channel. None of them say "none of your business", I did. Try to get things right if you want to justify abusing people for just explaining their own life decision.

@giftsigns Is her own channel private, or is it a public channel? If it’s public, she made the statement in a public forum. Who owns it is irrelevant. It is a public channel, broadcasting to the public, to get her information across to the public. Therefore she gives the public every right to comment on it.
So do you speak on her behalf on deciding who can and cannot comment on her public statement? Is that with her approval and permission? If not, maybe YOU want to get things right before having a go at people for their opinions and decisions that they voice in response to her public statement.

@jadex You don't know the meaning of a "public fourm"? A personal channel, public or otherwise, is not a public forum.

You are free to attack me for my opinion, but don't invent something other people didn't say to justify your attack on them.

@giftsigns Is it open to the public? Yes.
Can the public comment on it? Yes.
Does she restrict who can view it? No.
Does she restrict who can comment on it? No.
Can the public have discussions on there without her dictating or controlling it? Yes.

It’s a public forum. Whether you want to accept that or not, I don’t care. Calling it a channel does not suddenly change what YouTube is and isn’t!

@jadex It's her channel, of course she can limit what people say there. You don't know how things work in YouTube comment page? Yes, they can delete or hide comments they don't like, or stop all comments altogether. They can ban people they don't like so their comments don't appear to other readers without the commenters knowing. A personal channel not a public forum, where people can freely discuss things. Look up a definition of public forum.

@giftsigns That is all retrospective actions.
Are any of those controls in place to start with? No. It’s set to free public comment and discussion.
So it’s broadcasted publicly….
people can view it as it’s available to the public…..
people can respond without restriction publicly….
people can immediately agree or disagree publicly…
im struggling to see where this makes it NOT a public thing….

You being annoyed with people not agreeing with her does not change the settings on her public YouTube channel.

@jadex No, because they can preemptively stop certain people commenting on their channel. You are naive if you believe YouTube comment section is a public forum, some people banned may not even realize they've been banned.

Back