Best crossfit shoes

naomi1

The other day I cleaned my ALL WHITE Metcon 9 with Rems Shoe Cleaner (a nice performing shoe cleaner local in pH) then I made a mistake of leaving it under the sun for too long. Some parts had yellow stains, especially the tongue.

Yes it is still usable but I have been looking into other shoes for some time now and I think the universe just gave me a sign to get another pair. What are my options? What shoes should I look into? What to purchase next?

@naomi1 I honestly have very little motivation to try anything else than Nanos / Metcons considering I've never been really disappointed with them + they tend to be on seasonal discounts all the time. Proven shoes for 70 EUR vs. new, nice looking brand for 170EUR? Easy choice. :)

I must admit RAD / Tyr / whatever there is now look nice and seem to have interesting designs and address some problems like narrow toebox etc., but I don't think the difference justifies switch.

If you look at top athletes, they basically wear anything they get sponsorship from (used to be mainly Reebok, to some extent Nike, later No Bull, now seemingly TYR gained a lot of 'popularity'), which for me signifies that there are no major differences between performance of those shoes and if you're doing the work, you can do it in any of them. Of course, you will always have this one person in the gym who will tell you they cannot workout in a shoe different than 'XXX' brand, but they usually spend more time researching shoes than training. ;)

@naomi1 The best crossfit shoe will be the one that fits your foot the best and is most comfortable.

Any slight difference they have will easily be overshadowed by being uncomfortable in a shoe that doesn't fit

@jonjones229 a slight problem for me is that recourses are really limited here. the only brands i can fit and see in person are just Nikes, Adidas, Under Armor, Reeboks... brands like TYR, NoBull, RAD we dont have physical stores so I cant fit them, sadly :( we can only buy them online and hope for the best

@naomi1 Just be willing to return them. I just got a pair of Haze Trainers and they just didn’t work for my feet. Felt super uncomfortable. The return process is a bit of a pain, but now I know I don’t like them. (FWIW, NoBulls also don’t work for me.)

@naomi1 Then I would definitely focus on the functional fitness ones from those you can try on.

I know some of the other shoes have a lot of hype and are features on instagram and everything, but in the end a shoe that fits properly is going to be way more important.

@naomi1
  1. Strike Haze
  2. GoRuck Ballistics
  3. Rad One
I'll probably catch hell for the GoRucks since they're on the heavier side compared to the other two and they suck for running. But they are stable as all hell, and not so heavy that box jumps and such suffer. They just take getting used to because they're so utilitarian.