Best equipment for a tiny space? e.g. Landmine attachments?

sandrachenlau

Hey there,

I hope it's ok to ask this here!

I have recently begun to take my training a bit more seriously and need some more weights now.

So far I've just used a EZ-bar for everything, but there's just not enough room for weights on it, so I need to get a olympic barbell and some bumper plates (probably RR Plates or Echo Bumper plates)

Tho my space is quite restricted (about 3,5m*1,8m / 11,5ft*6ft) in my bedroom next to my bed, as I really don't want the equipment out in the living room and don't want to log it back and forth.

Because of this, I was thinking a landmine setup for the barbell would be ideal, for deadlifts, RDL and squats, maybe even rows, as I don't have room for a rack.

I've been thinking of getting some of these, doesn't necessarily have to be Rogue:

Barbell bomb or Post landmine - Any pros/cons for either of these?

Landmine handles (straight) and/or Single handle

I do have a bench, EZ-bar and some dumbbells I've used so far, and will be used in the same space. There will be some moving around, but I hope I can make do.

Is there anything else you'd add or some tips to best use the space? Gear suggestions is always welcome!

@sandrachenlau Personally, I would think long and hard about joining a gym before I committed all that money to an olympic barbell and plates to be used in such a tiny space. You have to have somewhere to store all of it, and maneuvering around just for simple things like swapping out plates is going to be a massive pain in the ass. You WILL knock something over and/or put a hole in your wall before all is said and done.

As for the landmine stuff, they're nice to have, but don't really give you much that you aren't already able to do with your existing equipment

@adviceplease Thanks! I do have considered the gym, but I do work until 6pm everyday and there's no gym close by, so I'd much rather do it a home; That way I can prep my dinner before I start my workout too. I feel like if I had to go to the gym if would get too late in the evening before I'm home again and have to start my dinner there.

I plan on the equipment staying in place, just neatly put to one side. It doesn't have to be stored :) But yeah, the maneuvering around will be troublesome, but I can easily move my bench out of the way so it opens the space up.

But I might reconsider the barbell, afterall.

@sandrachenlau I feel that, I finally built out my garage gym because I got tired of commuting to my gym. And it was only 15 or so minutes away, mind you. Still didn't like making the little trek.

It's tough, bc a barbell is very useful, but without a rack or stands you can only do so much with it. Maybe it would make more sense to look for ways to add more dumbbell weight? Like if you can find the adjustable handles with the olympic collars, you can use cheap plates and probably load them each up with 100 lbs+

@sandrachenlau I'd put my money into more dumbbells An olympic barbell is more for powerlifting Exercising a muscle group from different angles will give it a fuller look . For example dumbbell fly's doing incline ,flat and decline will make a chest appear much larger than just bench presses.

@sbjazzman That could be a good idea too! I have some loadable dumbbells, so I can easily adjust my weight for the exercise, but I do need to get some more weights for those too, soon.

I found the fixed weight dumbbells too expensive, and would take up a lot of room.

I'm currently following this 3 days full body workout, there's only one type of flys (for chest at least), but I guess I could mix it up and do it incline every other time. I'll soon start on the next step 4 day training, and there's no flys, so I gotta add that!

Only reason I considered the barbell was for the compound lifts and training my legs. But I guess I could do a slower eccentric movement to give more of a challenge :)