Best place to cheaply stock up on athleticwear?

blotovdaniel

I tend to sweat heavily and exercise daily, so I'm going through workout clothes like water. Use Rockin' Green to clean them once a week but wondered where the best places are to stock up as cheaply as possible (e.g. I noticed at TJ Maxx sometimes shirt sir shorts come in a 2-pack).

@blotovdaniel Best thing I found is thrifting or like Plato’s closet type places. Give it a good wash on hot and you’re good to go for cheap clothes you only wear to workout.

@blotovdaniel Personally, I think Walmart has some pretty decent clothes that are cheap. That is atleast for what I’m use to. Most of my clothes when I was younger came from Nike, so Walmart in my opinion is a really good place.

Even cheaper options would be somewhere like Ross, Burlington, or TJ Maxx or something. I did community service at Salvation Army once and some of their stores have some nice stuff honestly.

@blotovdaniel I went to goodwills and only bought colored tags of the day for half off. Plus if you are a vet or a student if you go on Sunday you get an extra discount. I got basically a whole closet full of name brand gear for less than a hundred bucks

@blotovdaniel You can call ahead and make sure but yes I went to several goodwills in my state and on Sundays I show the checkout people my old university ID and they honor the discount. I found out about it thru shopping there one day and they just had a PA announcement saying it and it’s always worked for me.

@blotovdaniel Clearance racks at retailers! Watch for the change of season in the clothing setups, you can buy up for that next season (spring clothing being put out, likely winter stuff is on clearance. You'll find more of pants and long sleeves and visa versa for the change to winter clothing)
Unfortunately XXL isn't the easiest to find at places like TJ Maxx, Ross, or Marshalls. Recently found on Amazon some Under Armour brand Capris that were half off. That was a huge score for me!

Back