bOX cULTS

e31

I'm not trying to upset anyone here but I have a question. Crossfit is seen as a cult by some. I get that. I like it. Whatever. One of the boxes in town is also very proactive in a local church and Advocare (maybe Amway too, idk). Is it weird that I'm turned off by this? Churches here can be very "in your face" and Advocare is like that everywhere. I think Amway is great, just not great for me. But when every pic on your twitter or instagram has 5 Advocare logos, or church ads in it....
Am I crazy?

@e31 Any MLM scheme, no matter how "legit" it may be, is a glorified pyramid scam. These people are already charging you top dollar to go to their gym. Run.

@squirrel123 They are also very cult like on their own. I have a friend in Amway and it very much reminds me of Scientology and the like. Combining church, advocare, and CrossFit seems...excessive.

@e31 Does anybody remember that Rich Froning endorsed Advocare a while back? Some local boxes around here were huge onto that as well.

@dawn16 He still does as far as I know. His dad posted a picture of piles of some advocare drink the other day. Shows him still listed on the site as well.

@russg Oh I was talking about the one his dad posted, which said " Ok! @richfroning ? Whilst relocating this pallet of #advocarerehydrate to a spot outta the way in #mayhem0.5? I stacked them in frt of an old #pepsi machine/ dispenser?! Ha! #ironic #betterchoices"

Didn't seem like a joke to me?

@e31 Not crazy, that would bother me a lot. Mlm people are very offputting (especially the sneaker ones), and I'd personally be driven away by a place closely tied to a church. (I don't know if it's your location though? I've almost never seen businesses associated with churches. Would that be considered normal in some places?)

Back