Calculating how much the games athletes won

Rich Froning played Juco baseball. Cole Sager played football at Washinton, but never saw the field. extrapolate their relative abilities in the sport of exercise to their potential to be elite in a conventional sport.

A. There is an exception to every rule.

B. Rich quit baseball AND college, on a full-ride scholarship FOR baseball, to become a firefighter. I do not call that a failure.

okay, what is your point? that one athlete in the entire field of men/women/team athletes may or may not have the potential to be a professional athlete in another realm?

Let's not forget that a very minuscule percentage of the athletes that play a collegiate sport at the Division I level go on to play that sport professionally. That percentage is infinitesimally smaller for athletes that don't compete at the Division I level.

Elite crossfit-ers are not suited to be professionals in anything other than exercising. The proof is in the pudding; the best of the entire field have trickled down from other sports after not having reached the pinnacle of said sport. Only time will tell if CrossFit is attracting legitimate athletes and pulling them away from conventional sports and that will only be seen with athletes competing as teens.

Why is it so impossible to think that these people are CrossFit athletes SIMPLY because they want to be CrossFit athletes?

Right, because it is just COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE that there could ACTUALLY be people that exist that DO NOT WANT to play those other sports. Are you fucking serious, man? Just because someone is good at one thing does not mean they could NOT be good at something else. That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read in my life.

And your point being? What? That I said that people are capable of doing more than one thing?

How dare I.

there's an abundance of evidence that suggests these athletes are crossfit athletes because they did not achieve the same level of success in conventional athletics. None of them are professionals or achieved the same earning potential in any sport other than CrossFit. You can suggest that they may be capable of it, but the fact is that they are not currently. If Rich Froning was good enough to be a professional baseball player, he would likely be a professional baseball player. If Dan Bailey was capable of being an Olympic sprinter, he'd likely be an Olympic Sprinter. If Sam Briggs were capable of being an Olympic Rower or an elite Iron-Woman, she'd likely be one.

The best athletes, at least in this country, are funneled to conventional sports long before they are pushed to the sport of competitive exercising.The best conventional athletes may very well be capable of being professional exercises, but the inverse is more likely than not, untrue.

@dawn16 Rich has made comments that baseball ended up not being his thing, but you're right, it was never explicitly said that he couldn't cut it or anything like that. For all we know he just got burnt out of it and wanted a change.