Calisthenics Intermediate Hypertrophy Program using Dr. Mike Israetel's Volume Guidelines

@cbsmel I’ve noticed a few people say that they consider this to be an intermediate calisthenics program. I really want to understand what is being talked about here but I am honestly just lost in all the terminology. Wondering if someone could point me in the direction of a beginners hypertrophy specific callisthenics program to get me started.

I’ve been working with barbells and free weights at the gym to get started with hypertrophy training but I would way rather transition into an entirely calisthenics based program, I just really have no idea where to start. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

@davideff Can you perform basic bwf exercises correctly? Do you know the correct scapula position for all upper body exercises? Have you stopped making any progress on the beginner routines like rr even if your diet and recovery are in check?

If you answer any of these questions with a 'NO', you are a beginner.

@vlc If you choose a decent split like upper body 3x a week and lower body 2x a week, the workouts would be 60-90 minutes long. Also, you can pair upper body and lower body exercises in a push-pull or full body split them save time.

@cbsmel Quick question, are the MV, MRV, etc. the amount of sets per week or per workout?

Like for chest MRV is 22 and frequency is 1.5 - 3. Does that mean that twice a week I should do 11 sets or 3 times a week do 7-8 sets?

Back