Calorie deficit vs. Body Recomp

floweramor

Hi everyone! I’m 23F 5’2 my cw:133.4 my GW:120-125ish? I’ve been on this weight loss journey since September of last year and recently hit my 20lbs weight loss mark recently. I’m getting to the point in my fitness journey where i don’t just want to lose weight but also my physically fit, I.e strong and lean with muscle. I still have some way to go before I hit my goal but I do carry most of my weight in my stomach and back (unfortunately). I know spot reducing isn’t possible but I’m curious as to your guys experience with body recomp vs. losing all the weight and then slowly building my muscle. The diet for me the most challenging thing to grasp especially with body recomp but I’m setting this challenge to be more muscular and lean and I’m not sure where to start. TIA!

@floweramor So, my story is that:

I gained weight in COVID, didn't know much and mostly lost all the weight through diet and cardio. My calorie intake was too low to sustain any form of activity and at that point I didn't know better.

I gained it all back naturally when I started eating properly.

This time, I decided to focus on working out more because I did not want an unsustainable deficit. So essentially recomping. And I like it much more. I look very different that I did when I weighed the exact same 3 years ago because I built muscles. I have more wiggle room with my diet, I am stronger and more toned. I am losing weight, but it is slower but I am experiencing faster results in other ways - the way my clothes fit, inch loss, strength gains and overall health and happiness.