Cheapest protein powder in U.S.?

@minidom It really depends on what you like. I am whole food plant based, so I receive all of my protein requirements from whole foods. I rarely use protein powder, but when I do, it is Orgain.

I use it because it is a cleaner product. In all honesty, I prepare and consume bean-based smoothies that provide more than enough BCAAs to support muscle growth. In fact, it tastes much better than most protein powders that I tried over the years.

@jbblkh Okey. I'm doing my own research. Thanks for the idea though. Can't believe after five or six or seven years being vegan and decades being vegetarian off and on that I'd never heard of bean smoothies.

@jbblkh Please tell me more about beam-based smoothies. I have an instapot and several pounds of gourmet beans I bought two years ago from this bean farm in Napa that I need to use up.

@minidom Bean smoothies are quite easy to make. It really depends on how much beans you would like to use. I use quite a bit.

Start with canned beans first.

1 15 oz can beans (any variety), rinsed and drained

2-3 frozen bananas

1-2 dates (optional)

1-1.5 cups plant milk or water

1/4-1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (vanilla extract acceptable)

1/4 teaspoon cinnamon

1/4-1/2 cup ice (depending on desired thickness)

Ice dilates, so use it sparingly or adjust other liquids. You can add cacao or cocoa powder, peanut butter, etc.

Back