What kind of protein do you take?

@jeffr0x Wow. What a champ for sure. Thank you for all that info. I was just curious. This new protein powder was just for a test but I think I will be switching back to optimum protein powder with the different flavors, I like the strawberry one. And I've tried the orgain as well, but like I said the taste wasn't for me haha. Idk tho, there's so many things you can get protein from, I try to eat protein based oatmeal for my breakfast and have my 20g Greek yogurt and some eggs. I'm also trying to cut down on sugar as well. Lately I've been indulging so I went from 165lbs to 175lbs within the month hahah. I'm still a beginner in weights, so the whole protein concept is still somewhat new. I'm learning so I appreciate all the info a ton!

Many protein bars are actually just candy loaded with sugar. Make sure they are sugar free. I like the IQ Bar which is reasonably priced. Quest bars are $2 per bar which is too expensive.

@blessingsabundance I literally buy quest bars lol I'm trying to look but again taste for me lmao. I tried barbell and a lot of them are alcohol sugars? Never really understood it but I have to do more research

@blessingsabundance They tastes so good tho! I definitely am looking towards buying barbells because those taste so damn delicious. I like stuff that taste good but I guess I'll need to sacrifice for a sufficient diet and low sugars 🥲

@raitmet I drink Isopure Dutch chocolate. It tastes good, keeps me full and doesn't mess with my stomach. I think it's good on its own or mixed into a smoothie. It's a low-carb, whey based protein. Personally, I think it has the best texture of all powdered proteins I've used (smooth, no grittyness and mixes easily)

@raitmet I would HIGHLY recommend promix protein powder. I typical have stomach issues with protein powder, but it doesn't give me any issues at all & actually tastes really good.

@mardymar Hmmm, I'll definitely take a look! Thank you for the info about it. I'll have to test it out one of these days. There's so many proteins you can try, it's insane haha.

@mardymar That's crazy. I'll definitely give it a try for sure. I want to try less "whey" the lactose base, and more organic products but if it being filtered would help I'd have to look into it. I'm not sure if it would but I'd like to see if it would haha.

@mardymar That is what's up! Chocolate is always the go to try for me. I do like the strawberry one from optimum nutrition but we will see. I'll try to remember, it's hard enough to go to the gym! 😂

@raitmet Oh man I can relate to that statement. I've been going consistently for the first time ever (1.5 months), but it's so worth it. Next up for me is trying more free weights versus machines

Back