Chest exercises with big boobs

@hurtzlotstexas I don’t know Marisa Inda.

I was always taught that the proper form for a chest press was free weights, bar or hands on the ground positioned in the same place: pits/sternum, but not lower, not higher.

Edited to say I caught one of her videos. She’s consistently lifting straight up from the sternum. It’s hardly below one’s boobs, but on the top side of them, where the worked pectorals are.

@truth_seekers If you have access to a cable machine there are great chest exercises that you can do that shouldn’t interfere. Try searching cable chest press and cable chest fly. You should feel it in the armpit when the chest is activated too

@truth_seekers yeah i have the same issue. dumb bells and body weight work on straps (eg trx) seem to work better for me over a bar. go slow and be sure you are actively squeezing your chest at the top of the movement.

@truth_seekers A lot has been said in the comments about bar path but it basically comes down to below the bust. Another key point is that feeling a muscle group doesn’t mean it is the only one working during an exercise, nor does soreness afterwards, so don’t overthink that.

@truth_seekers I have had to make a conscious effort to engage my chest muscles, say, at the bottom of a chest press. After spending time on that, I get sore now, but I didn't used to. Weights are such mental work.

@truth_seekers I avoid using a bar because I'm afraid of getting stuck so I use dumbbells. I let my elbows drop down as far as they go. At first it was activating near the shoulder but with several sets I get reliable usage across most of the muscle.

Hope that helps.

@danpol I've gotten stuck with the barbell before. My trainer taught me in the event that happens to roll the bar down to the chest and then to stomach. From that angle, you're better off sitting up and getting it off you. Also, never clamp weight to the straight bar during chest press. In case you need to roll off the plates.

@truth_seekers I’m 32G/H depending on brand. I was unsuccessful most of the time in the gym in getting my pecs engaged. But now for work I lift 50lb bags of de ice salt up and over my head, or I have to lift them to face/chest height and throw them straight out from there. With correct form I did feel sore when I first started doing it. But not so much in the lower half, just the upper. I do feel stronger in the overall area though!

@truth_seekers I'm a D to DD, down from triple D / small G. About the only exercise I don't like is Supermans because it involves lying on my chest. Back exercises aren't an issue.

I generally don't feel any fatigue or DOMs in my chest after chest exercises. More in my shoulders and triceps.

@truth_seekers I’m a 54DD but I’m also a bigger girl so I know by the end of this weight loss journey (I want to lose 50) those DD cups will be headin south for the winter. That’s why I’m looking for something like…I splurged a little and got a Total Gym Fit for Xmas (another bad product for those of us with big boobs but whatever)…my plan now is to find a circuit training routine where I’m always doing some kind of cardio/total gym/free weight 2 minute station and see if this decreases my current boredom I’m feeling.

My half-push-ups feel half-assed. My chest presses while holding weights, well you can guess what gets in the way. I’m hoping the total gym has a setting where I can press straight out and can avoid dealing with these two things that seem to get in the way at the worst possible moments! But this is why I won’t go to the gym. Even at this weight I’d ask a guy if he was done with a machine & after about twenty seconds of him staring at my chest I’m like ’uh, hi! I’m up here!’

(Edit: for the OP, I’m going to spend this evening searching for some exercise videos made by and for bigger girls. There must be some good ones out there with a good following. If I find some good ones I’ll save this discussion and post what i find!)

@truth_seekers I have DDs. They're implants, though, from 15 years ago. I have a personal trainer and chest press. I currently bench 85lbs. I am hoping to reach my goal of 95lbs this year.

It's possible. Not sure if you're interested. But practicing push- ups totally helped to do any other exercises.

Back