Chest pain from drinking whey/pea protein shakes…

natanyah

Chest pain from whey and pea protein shakes

I’m a smaller frame guy (22 years old, 5’9 and a half, 148Ibs). I’ve buying mass gainer powder to put in shakes. Since consuming, I’m having a bad pain in my chest area for days at a time. At first I thought that I might be allergic to whey protein so then I switched to pea protein. I then have the same bad chest pain when I drink that too. That’s the only time in my life where I’ve had chest pains ever from drinking something. Do you guys know what’s wrong and have y’all experienced the same? Not only that, but are there whey/pea protein free mass gainers that I could use as a substitute? Also, any tips to gain weight outside of that? I work at UPS and drink a lot of fluids because I sweat it out more times than not. I want a goal weight of maybe 160ibs but from muscle. I just need more calories but it’s hard getting that much (around 3600 calories) without dirty bulking from fast food everyday.

@natanyah Are you drinking it too fast? Try sipping it over an hour and see if that helps.

Re putting on weight, you don't need to eat 3600 calories a day to get there, you can eat less than that and still get to your goal weight, it will just take longer.

@natanyah There are vegan protein shakes. I think the best option is to make sure you don't mix with milk. Or you could eat eggs or peanut butter. There are lots of protein sources. If you're insistent on shakes, Orgain or Vega are good options. Mix with almond or coconut milk.