Coolest representations of calisthenics in movies, animation, video games and other media?

@dawn16 Much better form that half of the crossfit practitioners. Hopefully he didn't use fake plates like Brad Castleberry, but I dunno how strong Ben Affleck is, even though he looks quite muscular.

@thomaslowrens There was this ad... But I don't remember what product it was for. There was a guy doing mountain climbers and then suddenly lifted his legs up and continued the mountain climbers. There were also a bunch of guys doing human flags together on a jungle gym. It looked really cool.

@dawn16 So did he start doing tuck planche to one leg straight planche? Do you remember if it looked real with a proper forward lean of the shoulders or if it looked like there was just a rope helping?

@dawn16 Bent arm planche mountain climbers. Also there were some other cool parts, like the wheelchair guy doing full ROM pullups with no kipping. Are bent arm human flags easier since there is a thing called human flag pullups? The guy on the right was doing it with straight arms.

@thomaslowrens Don't get me wrong. They're doing amazing things. I just remember it much better. I saw this ad around the time I started the RR and it was one of the things that motivated me. Now after seeing so many videos of planches, planche pushups, handstand pushups etc...

@thomaslowrens There are a lot from Dragonball. Vegita doing pushups in gravity chamber. Goku doing 1 arm HSPUs in the spaceship to Namek, I think he also did dome situps hanging from his legs with a ton of weight. There's some very cool arm wrestling in Hiyame No Hippo. One Pun Man's 100 pushups, situps, squats and 10km everyday. Baki the Grappler doing OAC. Too many to mention really.

http://pa1.narvii.com/6345/e5488eca5607b421384bc6fa3ca12c252f273197_hq.gif

Back