COVID-19 Fitness Challenge - Weekly Update, Week 1 Kick-off

My gym did a Facebook live workout today which covered a lot of the exercises that were in the challenges, so I am counting today as complete.

1.5 minutes on, 30 second rest, repeat each exercise 4 times:
- rocking plank
- hip thrust (add weight if you have it)
- push-ups
- squat jumps
- diagonal crunches (1 direction per round)
- jumping jacks

1 minute of plank up downs
Cool down and stretch

@baohomotorprovn250932 I did ¾ of a Joe Wicks Beginner Hiit workout before I noped out. Then a Yoga With Adriene bedtime routine to get my heart rate down again. I'm quite a sedate runner normally, so perhaps that wasn't great to start with!

@baohomotorprovn250932 Love this challenge! I'm going to be using my Nintendo Ringfit game, do Pilates and kettlebell videos and definitely get out for walks. It's not going to be fun everyday stuck at home working but with my two school aged kids and hubby here too, but here's to trying our best, ladies!

@baohomotorprovn250932 Oh man, I've just started trying to revamp my routine and I'm concerned I'm going to annoy all my friends on social media. I'm normally a lifter with a mild elliptical habit. Today I tried out a couple different options on Darebee, and tried to run outside (waaaa). I thought my quads and core were... ok? I guess? but plank kicks tell me otherwise. O. M. G. So my big goals for the quarantine involve planks of every kind and seeing if I can actually run for two miles by the end of the month.

And not eating random weird things because I'm home in the afternoon and it seems like a nice way to avoid working...

@baohomotorprovn250932 Great idea!

I'm in Ontario, which is on the brink of shutting everything down. I was super bummed for a moment (I love structure, schedules, and my gym routine/friends!) but it's an interesting opportunity to do stuff like clean/de-clutter the house, spend time with my family, and get really creative with at-home workouts.

I'm a powerlifter, and with no barbell/plates there will definitely not be any strength gains during this period, so maybe I'll do a small cut for 3-4 weeks while gyms are closed.

On the plus side, it's really funny to try and scrounge up objects at home that can be used for workouts. Cinder blocks, an old pair of gymnastics rings, jugs of water...

@baohomotorprovn250932 Time to get some bodyweight bulk!! Abs, lower body, pull ups and yoga to help with the soreness is the plan.

Edit: More specifically I plan to Yoga with Adriene daily, abs challenge daily as well as strength train at least every other day. I'd like to get 5 pull ups (from 2) and visible muscle growth ideally.

Here's my starting pic. Insta link - and can we comment Instagram names? I need people to follow!

@baohomotorprovn250932 My goal is just to stay consistent with my fitness and do 3-4 workouts a week. I did a circuit style workout today with a large water bottle as weight and it felt ok. I would like to try some sprints in my back yard and also some yoga.

@baohomotorprovn250932 I did this workout yesterday and it was quite difficult and enjoyable! I have one 20lb kettlebell and a set of 10lb dumbbells and was able to make it work. Goals are to do this three times a week and complete C25K on the alternate days.

@baohomotorprovn250932 My goal was just to do something every day. I ran 5k on the treadmill (24:45, with one stop to break up a fight between my kids) and lifted arms (3x8 db push press, 3x10 db row, bodyweight dips, and 3x10 db snatch; all with 25#). Then I took my kids for about a 1 mile hike around our property, which is not at all impressive for me, but quite a lot of work for my two year old who I wouldn’t pick up because of all the mud.

@baohomotorprovn250932 If only I could skip that last Oreo and get to see them! Ha!

Both! 2 days per week (at least for now) I'm lifting 1x1 with my coach at my S&C gym. The other two strength days are programmed by my coach but I do them at home: I'm very fortunate to have built a little home gym. Power rack, a few barbells, set of DBs, some other misc items.