Crossfit L-4

intheend

My roommates and I were just curious if anyone knows all the people who have their L-4 certification. We know their aren't many and were just trying to think of who has them

@intheend Our coach has his l3, says the 4 is basically just the boys club, shake Dave's hand, suck glassmans dick. Not worth the time. Do another cert like cffb or k-star or something

@intheend is there even a reason to progress that far? I feel like spending the $500 on the evaluation for L-4 could be better spend at something supplemental, like working on getting the Advanced Sport Performance Coach Cert from USAWL

@amred It's essentially to climb to CFHQ politics ladder. Sure, there are things you'll learn from it but it's a diminishing return. All the L4's have a nice little circle jerk going on over how advanced they are - I have seen many in action and remain largely unimpressed. An L4 (or 3, or 2, or 1...) does not a good coach make.

@dereklirus I should probably rephrase that. I remain unimpressed by the L3/L4 process/designation and have had mixed experiences with those designated as such. Not terrible, but not defacto elite level coaching based on a certificate.

I'm not going to be a weirdo and call anybody out in a public forum. The people who I consider good coaches achieve that designation long before they get more initials by their name and some of them are L3/4, most not. Their interest in studying human movement and performance is highly reflected in their coaching abilities, not their proficiency in a one-day evaluation.

Edit: some words

Back