Daily meal review

@galatians220lyric As you start to feel some diet fatigue you could swap some items out for things that fill you up more (weigh more for less calories)

0% fat greek yogurt with strawberries (or some other berry)

Cauliflower rice instead of brown rice

The macros look fine, the diet isnt the best in food quality but its not awful.

For 1600 calories I might have something like:

Breakfast, 3 eggs, strawberries, some greek yogurt.

Lunch, 4oz ground turkey with cauliflower rice and some avocado or guacamole

Dinner 1lb of lean ground meet stir fry with vegetables and cauliflower rice

late snack, cottage cheese with sweetener and berries.

the protein bar and keto snacks can be fine also. But eventually you might get hungry enough that you need to sub those out for foods that have more volume (fruits, vegetables, yogurt, etc)

In general, the fewer calories per 100g a food has, the more satiating it will be. If you are satiated, it makes sticking to your diet easier.

Strawberries are a hack

@galatians220lyric For a tasty, nutritous, and low calorie snack eat some berries. You can have a big ass bowl of fruit and it'll only be ~100 calories depending on the fruit, while being full of great micronutrients.

For your chicken dinner add in some frozen veggies just roasted in the oven with some salt, pepper, garlic. This is a super easy and tasty way to get in some veggies.

Using olive oil for cooking will help you get in some good fats, along with nuts throughout the day or as a side to lunch (just mind the portions/calories).

@galatians220lyric I'm 142.1 lbs 167cm (5'6") and I eat more calories than that on most days on my cut. lol. Like once, maybe twice a week I might go below 1,600 calories. And do a lot less steps. And I've already noticed strength loss on some lifts. Like DB Incline Press. I lost reps. The dumbbells from 3 months ago feel unwieldy now. But I'm a 167cm turbo manlet so I'm not left with much choice if I want to get lean. At your size, you need to ask yourself whether the starvation diet is worth getting abs for the summer. Maybe it's okay if it takes until fall for you to get lean. I started my cut March 5th. It is going to take more time. I won't be ready for my first shirtless event of the summer in like ~4 weeks. But that's okay. A lot of guys go into a cut thinking that abs is going to make them happy. But then reality shows them that getting abs didn't provide them with the external validation or perhaps internal validation that they were looking for.

@galatians220lyric I'm turning 39 later this year. My metabolism isn't that great either tbh. I don't track 100% but I don't eat a whole lot of calories and I've been in a weight loss plateau for 13 days now. I was 142.0 lbs on May 16th and 18th. I finally got down to 142.1 lbs this morning. My 7-day average was 142.31 lbs on May 14th-20th. It's 143.18 lbs now. I did increase my share of carbohydrates and reduce my fats recently. Since May 20th. And I had a "cheat meal" May 18th at a friend's house and an Italian wedding May 25th where I probably did eat more carbs than usual. Pasta, Risotto, garlic bread, vegetarian pizza, potatoes, a chocolate lava cake. The excessive sodium that Italians put in their pork would lead to more water retention too. That may have had some impact on how much water weight I carry. I also had COVID in late April. Where I was likely more dehydrated than usual.