Do you need to Gain Weight, Lose Weight, or Maintain Weight? Look Here First!

@jajejllc "You can't gain new muscle on a cut"

That's false. The guy at Mind Pump Podcast consistently say you can. It comes down to triggering the muscle-building cycle in your body + enough protein.

@jajejllc Hi friends,
I’ve been doing PPL with heavy weights for a year and a half now. Been watching my nutrition, been doing progressive overload, everything good.

However I feel like I started lifting weights because I’m 31 and was at a job desk since my twenties. Wanted to be in good shape and to find a functional body again.

However, the more I’m lifting the more I feel stiff (been doing yoga and mobility routine for 2 months now) but still, this is not what I was really after. I really want to find a functional body again. Be able to lift somebody hurt and to carry him for 200m (I’m a former soldier so I still live in that fantasy). Being strongman or Arnold is nice but if your body is dogshit in terms of usefulness then I feel like it’s not for me.

What should I do then? Should I try bodyweight workouts? Should I start calisthenics with some app like freeletics? If I keep my nutrition like that (high protein) will I lose muscle?

Thanks and have a great day

@waynek If you want a program that leaves you with the ability to perform everyday while still gaining strength and endurance, I recommend you to take a look at tactical barbell ( r/tacticalbarbell ). It is very popular with military and law enforcement.

@jajejllc God resisteth the proud he giveth grace :) that which is not deserved and yet given anyway,) to the humble.

Love Jesus, read the KJV and pray for wisdom, seek God and his sweet amazing grace.

@jajejllc I am 14, male, 5'7 and i weigh 59kg. I have already lost a lot of weight, before i was fat and i weighed 75kg. But now i am skinny fat. I have love handles, and man boobs that i really want to get rid of. What should I do?

@jajejllc When it comes to weight management, it's important to assess your goals. If you want to gain weight, focus on consuming more calories than you burn through a balanced diet rich in healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates. Incorporate strength training exercises to build muscle mass.

@jajejllc I didn’t wanna make a whole post since idk how people will take it, I’m fat and I was 300 at 14 then I went to 160 at about 22. 30 now and I’m sick of this, sick of the cycle and I really want to be healthy I can’t say I was healthy at 22 I just stopped eating mostly, I want some advice and info to get in shape. I’m inflexible and fat I won’t say otherwise and I’m tired of it, if it helps I’m 5 11 and I’ll be turning 30 soon.

@jajejllc I'm wanting to put on lean mass, I am 26M, 5'10, 77kg (170lbs) and workout 5 times a week. I've calculated that I need around 3050 calories made up of 440g carbs, 170g protein, 68g fats. Does this sound right