Don’t know what to do 6’1 90 KG (198lbs) and 18

sarajaneward

I’m 6 foot one and weigh ninety kg I’ve never been to the gym before but I want to start I don’t know how many times a week I should do like 3 or 5. Also I’m wondering should I bulk and I don’t wanna cut yet cause I’ll just look skinny. Also my torso looks normal but my legs have a lot of fat on them for some reason. So should I bulk or cut? Also I heard about this thing called body recompostion should I look into that aswell. Also should I have milk or water with protein shakes. And what kg should I aim for right now, I want to build muscle but i don’t know how and don’t know if i should bulk or not so any advice is welcomed thank you guys alot.

@sarajaneward I workout almost every single day. I did that when I started my weight loss journey. (I was 370lbs and I'm at 183lbs now. Took 2+ years)

Find a workout routine that works for you. Start off small and as your body adjusts you can increase the frequency and intensity of your workouts.

If you want to gain muscle you'll have consume a good amount of protein but it doesn't have to come strictly from protein powders. Protein powders are just super convenient. I prefer my shakes w milk, but I can do water np.

Stay committed and be consistent. Make changes as needed , as you progress. Good luck OP. You can do it!

@sarajaneward I would suggest trying to eat 200g+ protein a day and the calories should be 3k+ as long as you are able to workout 5-6 days a week for like a solid 1.5 hours. You don’t need to cut for a while. At 6’1 you can look good at probably 96-97kg and yoy will reach this easily if you eat and workout enough

@sarajaneward Hey bro, good to hear that you want to go to the gym.

The advice I would give you is to just go! The hardest part of starting going to the gym is: 1. going for the first time. 2. fighting the lazy part of you who is trying to convince you not to go (for the first few weeks).

Here are some things I recommend to make the first gym session better for you:
  1. Wear clothes that you feel comfortable in, and that you think look good.
  2. Realize that 99% of people are there to workout and couldn't give 2 sh*ts about if a beginner is struggling a bit to figure things out. If anything they will be happy if you come to them for help.
  3. I would recommend using the machines the first time you go instead of the bench press and squat type exercises, because there are less things that you can do wrong and therefore you'll feel less awkward. But if feeling awkward isn't a problem then go for it! Just make sure to research the correct form.
Protein shakes with milk taste way better but if you're on an intense cut then water is the way to go because of fewer kcal.

Also if you want 7 free workout plans then go to penguinfitnessing.com (full disclaimer its my website but I really think it would help)