Drinking Cold or Regular water?

phonix

I was in Pune for a month and two of the guys came in men locker room (kinda jacked tho) and saw my chill af water bottle and told me it’s not good to drink cold water in gym

I asked for reasons they had none but said body garam rkhna h toh matke ka pio something

Does it really matters? Idts i can find any article on it

@phonix One problem I personally face with chilled af water in gym is how it interacts with heavy breathing. If I drink water while I'm panting after a brutal set, it sometimes disrupts my breathing and once I choked on it too lol.

Cold water does make your throat muscles contract a bit, so I'd exercise caution.

About body garam rakhna, makes marginal sense but I won't give bro advice like they did without proper research. Sounds like a bro advice like put AC off in the gym so that you sweat more.

@phonix Some people think that workout with AC on is suboptimal coz it makes them sweat less. Truth is, more sweating doesn't mean a better workout

@phonix Mtlb i carry 2.5 litre wali toh i put 1 whole ice tray of 24 cubes in it aur normal se thoda thnda hota hai near about matkai ka paani jitna …

@phonix Dude I love drinking cold water. I can give up eating but I cannot ever give up drinking cold water.
I drink cold water in winters also and I think I have become somewhat immune to cold because I don't get cold in winters also while drinking cold water.

@phonix Technically speaking, whenever you drink water too cold, it will have a net absorption of heat from your body, for which your body have to work burn some some more energy to reinstate the body temp, even though this will be miniscule, it'll happen and help you burn some calories.