Garage gyms; winter cold

@mutgr I use heat gun to warm the barbells. Because my garage and Toolstation/workshops same garage.

But it’s a bit demotivating. But still manage one or two days in the garage rest in the local gym.

@mutgr I put a high efficiency minisplit in the garage. It doesn't get that cold here (30s at night occasionally in the 20s and very rarely high teens Fahrenheit), but the summers are brutal with months of 90+, high humidity

Worth the cost

@mutgr As someone from South America I can’t relate to that. But honestly ? The idea of training in such cold conditions sounds kind of… cool to me ? Don’t hate me, but definitely i would put some hardcore Viking song and impersonate Thor.

But probably it sounds more fun at my mind than it would be in real life lol

@rijesusfreak My core stays warm, its just that picking up cold steel chills the fingers faster than warm blood can circulate to them, so even if I work out in shorts, gloves are a must

@mutgr Been there, done that. Bought a house with an attached garage and a gas heater that hangs from the ceiling. Even has a thermostat on the wall. I keep it around 50 when not working out and then turn it up to 70 degrees while I change into my gym clothes. It’s fantastic, if you can swing it, highly recommend.

Downside is having to brush snow off the cars, but that’s a few minutes vs hours of misery.

Back