Equipment nerds— what are your favorite machines?

@dkitching Not exactly these brands, but the machines I love are very similar

#1 leg extension/curl machine!

#2 Preacher curl/tricep extension machine

#3 any calf raise/extension machine, some are better than others

Bonus, "rare" machine I tried abroad and really liked: seated dip machine

I run antagonistic supersets and a minimalist full body routine, so #1 and #2 are godsends (though I prefer cables for tris, these machines put you in an unusual position and the ROM is a bit weird). I wish they had more machines like these. #3 is because calf exercises are generally very monotonous and machines help add variety.

@dobichlan18 My gym is located inside a hospital. Mostly serves PT needs and the average client age is probably over 65. No pec deck, no hack squat, no Smith machine, but you know what we have? That's right: a gyatdayum seated dip machine.

@dkitching My god do I love the Arsenal pendulum squat. I recently switched gyms and it's been my first time using it. It feels amazing compared to hack squats.
They have a ton of Arsenal equipment. Anyone have any favorites? I'm new to Arsenal stuff

@fateeadams I easily could’ve picked all arsenal machines as my favorites but wanted some variety.

I love Arsenal’s seated shoulder press, incline chest press, chest supported T bar row where the handles can rotate, and leg press.

@dkitching
  • Panatta Super Inclined Bench Press, incredibly smooth and you feel like your pecs are going to explode with the stretch at the bottom. Maybe my favorite feature is the food pedal operated start so you can unrack the weight in the middle position without having to start in a compromised stretched position.
  • Arsenal Reloaded Linear Leg Press I think this this the best leg press machine. It feels smooth and you can get to a deep stretch without rounding your lower back.
  • Cybex Hack Squat This is a smooth hack squat without a bunch of unnecessary features. A lot of the other hack squats are more horizontal which I feel leads to less quad stimulus and requires using more plates.
  • Hammer Strength Belt Squat I've only used a few belt squats but this is my favorite.