F/25/5'8" 161 lbs to 134 in a little over 3 months

@newstart2012 Great work OP! You look great. F/32 5'8.5 (I don't let people forget the half an inch. I'm proud of it lol) and I started at 158 now down to 153. How long did it take you to start noticing consistent weight loss? Your progress is losing more than a pound a week, so I'm curious how fast you lost your first 10 pounds.

@blessedbythreechildren Well I got dumped literally the night before I was going to go in and get a gym membership so I was so heartbroken I lost my appetite. It was a struggle to each much so that really helped the weight fall off fast, even though it wasn't healthy. After I started eating like a normal person it felt like my weight stayed the same for awhile but I think this had to do with gaining muscle.

@newstart2012 Oh okay. I can totally relate. When I get depressed, I lose my appetite too. I have a question, though. Is this your 2nd time losing weight/getting in shape? I was checking your profile to see if you had anymore details about your routine, and I saw progress photos from 2 years ago with very similar information. Was just curious.

@newstart2012 Great job! I'm so happy for your progress! I just wanted to ask - do you think that having the personal trainer really helped your transition and accountability? I've recently fallen off the wagon a little with gym motivation after maxing out, and I've been thinking of getting a personal trainer to help get back on track.

Keep up the great work!

@paphoshotels99 Having a trainer really kept me on track. It forced me go to the gym when i was tired two days a week and it made me want to improve so that I could show her I was working hard! Just had my last session with her last night so I'm definitely going to try to keep the same schedule.

@paphoshotels99 100% depends on the trainer and your personal style. I've had mixed results but I also know very specifically what works best for me. I need a trainer who can help me internalize motivation, not somebody who just pushes me from the outside. I need critique and form checks and technical knowledge, along with deserved praise and a trainer who will be a bit cross if I'm not working my best.

yeah- that's super specific. You might do better with a more hands off approach where they give you the instruction and just monitor a bit,or with somebody more stern who pushes you on every rep, or somebody who uses positive reinforcement as their primary motivation tool.

@paphoshotels99 Not OP but I just plateaued so I asked a trainer to work with me this week so I'd switch it up a bit. It's great, but that's because he's great and easy to talk to etc. If you have a trainer you feel comfortable with it will help so much. He definitely helps me push myself and helps me lift heavier than I'd push myself to alone, but he always checks my form is good, if it's not TOO heavy, so I know my health/body is not at risk. I also love that if I wanna do something I can suggest it and he incorporates it. If you're experienced it's not so much to be told what to do, you learn ofc but it's really just having someone there to motivate you and help you push yourself. IMO it's really really good but then again I didn't pay (my gym pays him). I don't know if I would.

@newstart2012 The mods on here are so strict with the posts adhering to the formats, that it's wastes people's time when we're all just trying to have a conversation about fitness! OP, good for you, although frankly, you looked great before! Being tall has a lot of advantages! I wish I could get motivated to work out regularly. It's so hard when you have a kid and a full time job. It seems like there's never time to do things for yourself.

@leemartin I disagree re: mod strictness - about 10 of the top comments on the old thread were asking for details. It had none - no height, not what changes she made, nothing about diet, fitness, none of it. I think it makes the sub better that we require substance, not just dropping photo posts for karma. Not saying OP did that intentionally, since she went back and wrote out all the awesome details in this one - and now since she did, the fitness discussion can be centered around substance, not just looking at photos.