Fashion Models and Height

@kathgrace Hello, my feet are 5.5 but sometimes can fit a 5 comfortably, depending on the brand. My foot measurement is 9in/22.86cm/228.6mm. If your feet are significantly smaller disregard but I have been wearing Timberland's 'Courmayeur Valley 6-inch boots' in size 5.5 and they are extremely flattering and fit me very well. The almond toe and thick sole are great. I was nervous at first because of the height of the boot but it looks really cute and proportional. Hope this helps you find the boots of your dreams

@dawn16 Omg you are so sweet, thank you!! I JUST saw those in store and yesterday was about to get the 5.5 online but held off (after hourssss of research lol) because I wasn’t sure. This is a sign!! You’re right the almond toe makes a big difference, they make the boots look a little sleeker and more proportionate to our size. I also tried out the ellendale boots in a size 6, they seem to run a little smaller and I reeeally like them because they have that combat boot look without being too bulky. Can’t get them in a 5.5 online but was considering going for the 6 because they are very cute. Check them out if you are ever looking for a new pair!

Thanks again for your advice, gonna order the courmayeur now! :)

@anotherblowhard 4’9 and trying to get 80/85 for aesthetic reasons and nothing seems to fit me right right now at 98! It’s crazy!! They need more clothes for petite people that isn’t from the kids section!!

@anotherblowhard I think we should advocate for both, but especially for fat women. At 5' and with a "healthy" BMI, I don't face the same kind of discrimination and unfair treatment, especially in healthcare, that fat people do based on my height. I completely hear you, and I think it's important that height representation be diversified, but I think it's also very important to not take away from the necessity of representing fat bodies. Ultimately though, we can care about multiple things, and in an ideal world, I'd be able to easily find an inseam I won't trip over.

Back