Fitness Influencers

bravechrisitian

Does anyone else find fitness influencers kinda exhausting? Barring a few, a lot of them are surprisingly confrontational and often throw shots at other influencers. It’s annoying trying to figure out a good workout regime whilst sifting through all the arguing. A tells you not to listen to B, B tells you not to listen to A and to listen to C, C tells you not to listen to either of them and to listen to D, and I don’t even know what the hell E is ever talking about; mind you ALL of them have the body you’re looking to achieve; & it’s just annoying. Prime example why I only take suggestions from them but ultimately decide my own work out that works for me!

@bravechrisitian There are many different ways to achieve (almost) the same physique. What works for one may not work for others. I am following several influencers, and they all do different things. One only lifts weights and does zero cardio, another one does every exercise to absolute failure, another one only does calisthenics and never trains their lower body, etc. They all have beautiful physiques. Finding what suits you, along with time and consistency, is what's needed.

@roman1982 This really is key, some people can eat anything they want, some people really have to restrict giving the makeup of their biology. Some people love cardio whereas others say it’s not needed. You just have to grab a bunch, & tailor (this literally autocorrected to mean the name Taylor, is Taylor Swift that big, jfc lol) to fit what seems to be bringing results. Information is the biggest tool & I think it’s awesome we can see that there are so many successful ways for different people. Grabbing from the bunch & taking what fits is so helpful

@bravechrisitian No because I don’t follow or particularly respect a lot of them. I’m not interested in the soap opera and outside of a couple “influencers” I like I’m completely out of the fitness space loop. Even for those few content creators I don’t treat their word as bible anyway

@bravechrisitian Follow a proven strength program , written by actual professionals. Not listening to fitness advice from TikTok will save you a lot of time (and headache). You will find all the information you need on the wiki.

Influencers make their money through engagements and sponsors, so they need to stand out from all thousands of other influencers that looks exactly like them. By "reinventing" the wheel, giving out "the secret to muscle gain" and creating drama they can get those engagements.

@bravechrisitian They are muscle based, rappers in the constant flux of the circular social media *stuff that is anything of a brand. And, unless they are directly hawking a product they will never spill the real beans on how they do it. it was the same for the iron men of the 70-80's, and the same for the 'natty movement. It's loads of time, sweet, meal prep and drugs. Sooo many drugs. Ranging from legal to not. At least they are real people, and you can kinda relate. I however wanted to desperately be kenshiro from first of the Northstar. On, a HS'ers budget, knowledge and drug availability. Moonshot. Failed! Great movie to swap sound for 90s techno albums.

@bravechrisitian It's hard to sell "work hard, eat right, be patient" so they have to dress it up in a proprietary "system" to have a product that justifies their existence as an influencer.

Obviously, all of them need to do this, and there can't be multiple "best" systems.

They have a choice of whether to shit on the competitive products, or to find a way to differentiate themselves and provide some unique selling point beyond "look at my abs!".

Obviously they don't because that takes work and it's easier just to shit on the other guy. It doesn't help that on the whole, these people are massively egotistical.

Bottom line - work hard, eat right, be patient. If you hit those bases do whatever program seems fun to you at this point in time, give it hell, and be consistent. When it stops working, and it will, move on to something different.