from shit to fit :) (x-post from r/loseit)

connocor

my story:

i started my weight loss journey 3 years ago. as soon as i graduated high school i decided to make a change, and get in shape and take control my life and decisions, and gain confidence. i owe it all to my ex girlfriend that cheated on me haha. i was crushed and gained so much weight because i turned to food for comfort. back then i thought if i lost weight she'd want me back, so i started by cutting out sugared drinks and fast food. then i started working out a little bit, (elliptical, and biking. (running hurt too much) and lifting weights) i then started eating more vegetables, and cutting out all processed carbs.

i really started to see a change, when i added healthy foods to my diet. its been a VERY long 3 year journey, and i still have some more work to do. this journey will never end, cause once i hit my goals, then starts the maintaing phase, and that lasts forever.

i went from being a depressed, 250lb blob that had no job, and didnt do much, to being a very happy, strong, and confident person. i was on my way to being the best me i could.

i did not like who i was a few years ago. compared to the past couple years, i have changed my life drastically and i owe it all to crossfit. i know theres a lot of people that aren't fans of crossfit, but it saved my life. i am now a certified crossfit trainer, and i'm going for an olympic weightlifting certification this weekend! i have never been this happy in life and crossfit has been a HUGE part of that. i have been training for almost a year and i love every minute of it!

life has never been better, deciding to have a healthier life style and to eat paleo are by far the best things i have ever done in my life.

here are a few pics of my progress and 2 videos!

at my biggest:

4 days after graduation, 2010

at graduation

winter, senior year of high school

present day :D

365lb deadlift

first of many crossfit competitions oct 2012

my mug :)

most recent - spartan race in NY 6/1/13

strength progress :)

1 rep max : 225lb overhead squat. just hit 225lbs for 3 reps the other day

245lb clean :)

@connocor You look great! Congrats on your journey and good luck with your oly weightlifting certification this weekend! It's amazing how things change when we start living life for ourselves and how it positively affects our lives with others. Very inspiring!

@n_blink thank you very much! im so excited for it, oly lifting is my favorite part of crossfit. & you hit the nail on the head! its crazy to look back a few years ago, and see the person i was. all it takes is looking at pictures, and my head immediately goes back to the time the pic was taken and reminds me of all that went on. then i compare it to now, its an insane turn around. im excited for the future =D