Front Lever Tutorial: Extreme! w/ Unique Skill Tips by World Record Holder Marcus Bondi

michaelphemo

Hey BWF fanatics. You really need a FRONT LEVER! So here is how to get one! Or get an even better one than you currently own!

So, please check out this Front Lever Tutorial. It features unique skill & strength tips (& some exclusive, never-before-seen sneaky grip-tricks) to ensure you succeed in cranking out a solid-iron FRONT LEVER!

These techniques can be used for bar or ring levers. So go for it!!

Please feel free to ask any Q's (etc) - as I will do my BWF best to answer any queries.

@michaelphemo That was a great tutorial man. I've always been stuck between just barely getting my FL and missing it. I want it to be a skill I can m bust out easily. I'll try this tomorrow morning!

@michaelphemo How would you suggest easing the transition from tuck front levers to advanced tuck front levers or to one leg front levers?

Ill start using your cues the next time I train! Thanks!

@umusagoat Hi Sacred - OK - maybe try using big fitness rubber band if poss - or just extend that one leg by millimetres - as soon as you begin to overbalance - pull back slightly - and then hold at the furthest possible level! Give it a try!

@michaelphemo Hey man! sometimes when I'm fully energised I could hold the front lever for 1-2s, but with the strong grip/twist tip I just did it for 3s when and I'm tired as hell atm, but I have a problem, my back is arched, whats the best exercise for that? Great tutorial, subbed, followed on insta, thanks!

@fayanth HI gez! That's excellent news about your extra time on FL! If your back is arched 'up' it's ok - just gradually work on straightening it by 'pushing' your hips / pelvis fwd and really pointing/pushing your toes fwd. If it's arched 'down' - work on L-sits with small weights around your ankles. Cheers man! Go for it!

@michaelphemo thanks for the video and the great tips! i never thought of it like creating a circle of energy before. how does this approach to grip translate to the rings though?

@vobble hi knut! Great question - And yes- the 'circle of energy' does transfer to the rings, but not as effectively as on a bar. But using it on the bar will then serve to fortify your ring FL for sure!!

Back