Help me with tips of how to actually get out of bed and make it to CrossFit! 😣

@p77cf Mentally, it needs to be a "non-negotiable". If you have a cat/dog, feeding them is a "non-negotiable" part of your day. It's going to happen no matter how tired, unmotivated, etc. you feel. Some days I love the gym, other days I don't feel like going. But since it's a non-negotiable there is no question that I always make it there.

@castro3373 Was just going to come here to say this. I wake up every morning at 4:30, and half the time I'm waking up on my own before the alarm clock even goes off. Circadian rhythms are an amazing thing. Getting your body used to getting up consistently at the same time is an absolute game changer.

@p77cf I would find another gym or ask the owner if there’s anyone else who might be interested in a 10am or lunchtime class.

They’re some of the busiest classes in my experience because they suit so many shift workers, parents and those who work from home

@p77cf That's tough. I think you may be fighting the wrong fight.

I recommend finding a gym (of any type) that fits your schedule. Your sleep schedule is more important than your fitness schedule.

@p77cf I agree with others find a gym that offers classes that fit your schedule. Or at least offer open gym for you do come in whenever do do the wod before work. Get your 8-9 hrs of sleep!

@p77cf Work up to your goal of 4 days. Start with 2 and schedule them in a way that works for you. Some people would prefer to rest in between, some would prefer to do them in a row at the beginning of the week. Once you've done that consistently move to 3 days, then 4. Before you go to work prep for the next day. Pack your gym bag, have your outfit and food ready. Give yourself as little work as possible between ending your shift and starting the next morning.

@p77cf Don't think of it as exercise, think of it as medicine. For me, crossfit helps with my anxiety and depression. Can feel the difference on days I don't hit the gym.

@p77cf Find an accountability partner in the same class. Cut a deal for a month where you pay them every time you miss a class. (You're already doing this if you pay a monthly fee). Something that you'll feel, like $10 or $15 a day. Or it can go both ways if they're also struggling.

@p77cf Do a different time until you gain traction on taking grasp of the mental health issues and medications. Discipline to get up early is overrated. Just relax and go at a convenient time for you.

@p77cf Maybe you’re a night owl. I can’t do anything in the morning so I usually just work out in the evening. I know that’s not possible for some people, but sometimes you just can’t avoid genetics