HEY, EVERYONE! November is here and it's PULL-UPS MOTIVATIONAL MONTH! Join us today!

@rdmarita Right on cue, this sub gets my ass in gear to start training again. Just moved, so I've gone a month without working out. When I stopped I was doing weighted chinups 5x5 at about 15lbs. I'm terrified that I lost all my progress, but time to get on the bar.

@die2self365 Well, you could post a form check of both on the daily, or wait for tomorrow to post it on form check fridays. Maybe you're making your rows harder than they have to be somehow.

Rows use slightly different muscle groups than pull-ups though, as rows involve more of the middle-upper back. Maybe that's just a weak point for you.

@rdmarita Male, age 18, 1.68m, 56kg
I have been doing pull ups religiously everyday since i started training 1 and a half years ago.
I managed to do +40kg pull up for 1 rep and 3 consecutive OAP on right but only 1 on left.

I'm also part of the small group that finds pull ups easier than chin ups.

@rdmarita I've been training for 3 years, my pullup is 3 plates I'm currently doing band assisted OAC followed by 1 leg 1 knee nearly full extension wide FL hold. I'm 21 and about 188 I feel as if I'll have a OAC very soon.

@rdmarita I can easily do sets of 12 pullups. Does anyone have other exercises to recommend that would complement this? Thanks

PS: I started with series of one pull-up. you can do it too.

@rdmarita Pull ups - Where I'm at at the moment

Chin ups 3x8 at 116% bodyweight.

Explosive pull ups can go to nipple at max.

Goal : Chin ups 3d8 at 120% bodyweight.

Goal : Muscle up no false grip.

@christianjackie What's your current strategy?

If your current max is 3 reps then you could do 3 sets of 2 reps, filling each set with negatives up to 5 and progressing from there.

So:

Day 1: 3 x 2 pull-ups + 3 negatives

Day 2: 3 x 3 pull-ups + 2 negatives

Day 3: 3 x 4 pull-ups + 1 negative

Day 4: 3 x 5 pull-ups

If you happen to manage to add 1 rep per session then you'll be able to hit 3 x 5 pull-ups after 3 days, which is around 1 week for most people. Maybe you won't add 1 rep per session, but that's feasible.