HIIT workouts when cardio equipment isn’t available?

glossdot

This might not be the best sub for this but I figured I’d start here.

So basically my rock climbing gym has plenty of lifting and calisthenics equipment but no cardio machines. The YMCA I go to has plenty of cardio and lifting equipment but going to both in the same day is unrealistic because of how far apart they are. (I have a Y membership bc it’s right down the street from my job, and my climbing gym is 40 minutes in the opposite direction)

I’ve recently made it a goal for myself to do at least 10 minutes of cardio at the end of each workout session, but I can’t do that at the climbing gym. Would swapping that out with a 10 minutes ab HIIT exercise be worth my time when I’m at the climbing gym with no cardio equipment? I don’t have much experience with HIIT so I’d like to hear some feedback or recommendations as to where I could find some workouts to try

@bdaswat If this a joke, then it shouldn’t be. Skipping is actually a good exercise for your entire body. It will move basically every joint in your body and loosen everything up while being sorta hard if you’re putting effort into it.

@bdaswat Totally thought you meant skipping as in, kids skipping in the playground. I didn’t know you meant skipping rope. Both are amazing exercises though!

Back