Strength-Based Women's Workout Plan Guide - At Home (no HIIT) & At Gym

@criminallawyer03 Highly recommend this program as well. They just released an app on both ios and android and have a fantastic facebook group where people post videos of lifts, ask for advice and are just generally super supportive. I've definitely noticed by lifts increase quicker with better form than they had been without the program. Plenty of substitution if you don't like/can do certain exercises.

@heisalmighty67 Yes! I get so bored and was able to do the program twice for almost a year each time before I needed a break. I stopped in the spring because I was starting to focus on improving my running and the weights just got too heavy to be able to run the next day 😂

@criminallawyer03 Seconded! SBTD also comes with an awesome community of Strong Strong friends (via a Facebook group). It is a welcoming environment where we celebrate achievements, help each other through obstacles, and sometimes commiserate on particular aspects of programing (spoiler: MegSquats loves squats lol)

@crr I love the spoiler 😂 I will say my squat increased significantly during one of the squat focused blocks! It’s always been my weak lift and I was so stocked when I hit body weight as a mid sized person

@criminallawyer03 Another +1 for SBTD! I also ran Before the Barbell directly before starting SBTD. Highly recommend for beginners/folks returning to lifting! I love the structure and the way the progressive overload is prescribed. Each workout feels like a challenge without totally spending me.

@criminallawyer03 I was going to recommend this! I've been following the gym programme but switched to the home programme this week and it's excellent. I thought it would be too easy but it's still really challenging!

@robertwigfid Well I was on the gym programme for 6 weeks and went from 65kg deadlift to 80kg. I definitely saw an improvement on my muscle definition too.

Like I said I only just started the home programme so can't speak to the results yet. I know it won't be as good as the gym programme but the workouts I've done so far have been really challenging and will definitely increase my strength.

@adiannon Check out Sohee Lee (soheefit on IG). She offers both at home workouts & gym workouts on a monthly basis (but you could probably stretch them out past a month to progress). I’m not sure if the cost, but I really like her style. I’m currently a member of the Inner Circle with Jordan Syatt & there is so much content! Plenty of at home workouts & gym workouts. They also do monthly editions in addition to the programs. I originally started with the 6000 reps challenge during Covid - 100 push-ups & 100 squats every day for a month. It was a great challenge & really great for me to commit to something. Good luck finding something that works for you!

@adiannon Fitness Blender’s “mass” workout plan is great and only strength based. They’re supposed to be releasing an updated version of it in early January too.

@adiannon There's so many free programs out there. Try researching them first and see how you go. Once you feel confident you can try to put together your own routine and save some money in the process.

@adiannon If you’d be willing to pay for a subscription, I’d strongly recommend the Sweat app since I think it aligns with what you’re looking for.
They have a bunch of programs- hiit/non-hiit, both at home with minimal to zero equipment, to gym programs that involves more equipment and machines. They have a free trial of seven days and then you have different payment plans to choose between. Once you follow a program you have everything laid out for you and the workouts are easy to follow along with simple GIFs and descriptions of each exercise.

Oh and their programs run for at least 6-12 weeks each! I know some of them are over one year long.

@jakeh I just restarted Sweat! I did the program years ago before I got into any other activities. It gave me an awesome foundation and I’m excited to see where my redo will take me this year hahaha