How bad is it working out full body 3 days in a row?

andujartyler

Hi guys, so my question is the title itself. The thing is, i only have 3 days in a row to train, (wed, thu, fri), and A B C was not it for me, because if i for some reason miss my training on one day it would ruin a lot of my gains.

So full body training is the best type of training for me right now. If i work out the same muscles group 3 days in a row and rest the other 4 days, my gains will still be good? I am training biceps, triceps, chest, back, shoulder, and two inferior muscles (quads, glute, calf or posterior). So 7 exercises per day, 3 days in a row.

@andujartyler Missing a muscle group once won't ruin your gains. It wasn't built in a day so you won't lose it in a day.

ABC training would be better in the long run than DDD, even if days are missed (you'll also miss days doing DDD). You'll be better recovered for the next session and be able to train more intensely. If you miss a week, you'll be that much more recovered the next. If you're consistently missing a specific day, you could cycle the days, like ABC, then BCA, then CAB, and then back to ABC. OR if you're consistently missing the same day there's two things for you to look at and it depends on your priorities

1) if lifting is your priority, stop missing days. Wake up earlier (which might mean going to bed earlier). Skip the outing (or make sure to lift before your go. Etc.
2) if lifting is not your priority (which is fine), maybe drop to two days a week (which would be much more viable for full body).

Another option to improve recovery is to lift 3 days but make the first and last the full body and the middle day something you don't normally do on full body days, like arms or go for a walk/run/bike ride (aka cardio).

@tdsamuel I haven't tought about A/B actually. If full body 3 days in a row was fine, i would prefer [each muscle would train 12 total sets (3 days 4 set each)]. But if is not optmal, maybe i will change to A/B