How crucial is 8-10 hours of sleep to muscle growth? I know 5-7 hours isn't optimal, but is progress, even slow, possible on 5-7 hours of sleep?

@dawn16 Your physique is insane! I am 2 years in and people tell me i look good but i'm nothing like you dude - Gonna keep at it, you are legit an inspiration!

@dawn16 You’re on TRT since when is that natty? your test levels are always stable and topped off. I just read some guy on some TRT group say he was working 24 on off shifts sleeping like shit and binge drinking and his test levels were still high. ignore this dudes advice he’s playing a different game. as nattys our test levels fluctuate and yes sleep hygiene and attempting to get an extra hour of sleep will pay off in the long run.

@dawn16 I highly recommend mods take your posts down and no body follows this advice.

Especially as it pertains to the context of OP's issue. Lack of sleep which is incredibly detrimental to natural testosterone/ hormones in general/ and overall recovery.

You are supplementing with TRT which is not only not natural bodybuilding, but would reduce the side effects of poor sleep

@avalonforhim In the first pic I had 19 years training natural under my belt, and I offered full disclosure as to the difference between the pics. Not sure what your issue is.

@dawn16 Good stuff bro. The journey & hard work is what makes it worth it. The benefits are the icing on the cake.
May I ask why you take 150mg a week? We're you diagnosed with low t?

Keep grindin homie 💪🏼💪🏼

@kates Thanks man. My T was low enough to qualify in my doc’s opinion, but it was higher than the low end of the standard range people usually use. I honestly just wanted a little assist after 20 plus years of being natural and having two kids, so I decided to pursue it.

@mercychild Shoot for 9 Hours like 90% of growth occurs while you sleep. Would go past 10 tho, bad for your brain. Also if you are sleep deprived and in a calorie deficit your body chooses to burn muscle when it would normally just use fat since muscle actually take’s energy to maintain and your body is trying to compensate for very low energy levels.

@mercychild Getting a solid 8-10 hours of sleep is like giving your muscles a VIP treatment for growth. It's crucial! But hey, don't worry if you can't hit that magical number every night. Progress is still possible on 5-7 hours of sleep, although it might be a slow and steady process. Just remember to listen to your body, squeeze in some power naps if you can, and keep pushing towards your muscle goals. You got this, sleepy warrior! 💪😴