Consistently needing 9-10 hours sleep/night

@annesgrace Oh thank you for the info! I do make sure to rest extra on the weekends when husband is off, and he pulls his share of the chores (but not the mental load - I have to delegate which is exhausting for sure - it’s the main/only argument we have 🙄).

Baby is sleeping through the night (kind of) now, and toddler is at a point I just turn the monitor off and ignore most of the time. But we do have a few rough nights a week still, so it’s kind of a bad day/good day situation. I definitely take it easy when I need to though! Today was an active rest day because I woke up feeling utterly burnt out 🥱

I can definitely feel the negative effects after a few particularly rough nights or stressful days. Today was a HANDFUL (still is - I’m hiding in the bathroom right now while husband cleans up dinner) and I fully expect a bit of an uptick in my weight this week.

@marylouise It’s not easy! I’m a stay at home mom, which is the only way it’s possible. It’s also my escape. The 1.5-2 hours a day I’m working out or running are the only times during the day I’m doing something for myself. The kids are strapped in the stroller, or playing in the yard/garage while I workout, and it’s relatively calm for a bit. The rest of the day I’m on the verge of a nervous breakdown

@0st I sure don’t envy you that! I work full time and get exactly one hour from when I get home until when we pick the kids up from daycare 🤪 I’m the same way in that my exercise is my escape. On weekends it’s nap time that’s my only me time, typically for hiking. I already get up at 5am so I would really rather not get up at 4, and by the time they go down for the night I’m exhausted but I have done some evening work outs too. Nevermind fitting in meal prep for us, chores, etc. You know how it is! I also have a home gym and treadmill for when I can’t get out, which is nice.

@marylouise It’s so hard to find me time anymore, so the workouts are definitely a non-negotiable for me. I’ve been a bad mom this past week and I need to find a bigger minute to recompose myself because i feel like all I’m doing is yelling 😭

@0st Oh wow, I hope you are getting in some solid recovery regardless! That's a lot of activity especially for having small kiddos — take care of yourself!

@holmie I’m definitely in a “peak” period right now (part of a personal challenge to “jump start” some fitness goal) so I only expect to maintain this for a few months before knocking it back down to a more reasonable routine - I’ll run 5x a week and lift 3x a week, but cut back on a lot of the other activities and take full (instead of active) rest days at least once a week!

Back