How do you get a smaller waist ?!!! I’m stuck

@armour_101 I was BIG on binge eating. It was such a vicious cycle that I still fall into sometimes but I keep giving myself love and forgiveness. But I decided to eat more veggies and rice (I had to cut out pasta , it was wayyy too yummy and indulgent for me. Hard, but I really began to look at saturated fats and fast food as something that was low-volume and didn’t give me what I needed or deserved).

I also made sure my breakfast was like 200 calories , and ate two 500 calorie lunch and dinners. It really really helped! Made sure I had enough veggies protein and fiber to keep me going. I also check the subreddit 1200isplenty for some yummy recipes.

Also, I walked A TON. I got super toned just from simple walking. I would walk 15k steps a day. THAY was really where I got into it.I

@richardatf Not OP but it's actually super encouraging to see one of my insecurities is super common for others!! I was 107lbs last I weighed (weeks ago, and I've gained muscle since) and my waist just baaaarely hit 25" and that was on a really, really good day, and that was with the tape measure a bit tight.

Now it hangs between 25.5-26" and I worry it's actually increasing 🥲 but that's because I'm eating more to recomp my body and build muscle.

@johnnyofnewyork I was really strict about eating 1200 calories a day - weighing/ measuring everything. I also lost the weight over a 6 month period in 2020 during lockdown so no eating out and no inviting friends over for home baking. It also meant no gyms, but I was really active walking for 1-2 hours a day on days off and getting 17-20k steps a day at work (I’m a nurse). I also didn’t drink alcohol and cook pretty much every meal from scratch anyway.

(To note, even working out 4 days a week + a very active job I found it impossible to maintain 103 at 5’3 and still have a social life. I’m at 108-110 now and I’m happy with that compromise)

@tomarnold Body recomp! Lift weight to you can lose fat and gain muscles.

I also recommend being okay with a waist size 27. Maybe start off with building a strong upper body and lower body from weightlifting, giving the appearance of an hourglass figure. A smaller waist will follow

@crosswalk1991 This . The secondary goal is to tighten the waist which will reduce the illusion of bulk . The primary goal is to also build hips / glutes / legs to create the illusion of a smaller waist ! I would look into some pt training sessions !!

@tomarnold Probably genetics, you could start building muscle and then eventually once you gain weight again from the muscle you've built lose weight again and some fat could come off from your waist but again, genetics do play a role

@ihavenoname I’m definitely looking to loose my pooch. I think it contributes a ton to my bigger waist. My biggest goal is to subtract 3 inches, but not sure how to get there.

I’m eating right and everything, but definitely may need to workout more after reading comments

@tomarnold If you're already working out a lot I think the only thing that will get rid of that pooch is surgery. The flat belly no pooch thing is partly editing (if you're getting that from the internet) and mostly genetics. Even as a teenager not done growing I had one, AND wide ass hips. Please don't push any harder! I really think that still having issues at 110 is genetics. 110 is very hard to get to!

@tomarnold Have you looked into body sculpting procedures? I did emsculpt neo and am 5’2, 106 lbs with a permanent 26 in waist. Emsculpt helped get rid of my stubborn lower belly fat that just wouldn’t go away unless I was super strict with my diet (which I did for a month and was too hard to maintain). Emsculpt basically builds muscle in one localized area and simultaneously burns fat and continues to do so 10 weeks after you finish your final session. Def recommend it!!! I’ve gotten great results and finished my last session about 6 weeks ago.

@tomarnold You can try lifting and doing a body recomp. Eat at maintenance, have 0.7-1g of protein per lb of body weight. The scale may not change but many women have found success focusing on changing the composition of their body instead of just the scale.

@dawn16 Are calories counted during this process with eating protein? Or is it really JUST focused on protein?

I feel like I see this often and I definitely see the successes of it, but the food aspect really troubles me. How much should a 5’1 girl be eating protein/calorie wise to recomp?? How do you do it without gaining? Is it just keeping up with exercise?

@tomarnold Recomp is gaining muscle while losing fat. Muscle is more dense than fat so you may end up weight slighter more but looking “toned” or smaller. You need to calculate and eat at maintenance calories because you need protein, carbs and fat to build muscle! You need to be eating around 1g of protein for every pound you weigh.
The last piece of recomp is lifting weights and progressively lifting heavier over time- this triggers muscle growth but you need to be eating right so your body has the building blocks to create the muscle.

I’m recomping now- it’s been 8 months and I was set back by COVID earlier this month but I’m back into working out now. I’ve been maintaining 130lbs (I’m 5’3) and a 26” waist.

Back