I’m so discouraged :/ last week on my weekly weigh in I was 122.4 and now I’m back to where I started 3 weeks ago, 125.4 (5’2”)

@adriana28 Try the Happy Scale app! Everyone here has already explained weight fluctuations, and they’re a real thing.

The Happy Scale app takes a ten day average and you can see a chart of your weigh-ins. You’ll notice over time that the line is trending downward, even if it’s not always linear (meaning you might weigh in at 130, 128, 132 over 3 days but your averaging at 130 for those three days, then maybe a week later, it’s 128, 129, 130–it looks like it’s going up but you’re averaging 129, which is a pound below last week). These are just examples because 3-day averages are easier to write out than 10-day averages lol

@adriana28 How often do you track your weight? I've started weighing in each morning and checking in after work. Sometimes my weight fluctuates in the morning (based on period, if I worked out the night before, if I'm dehydrated, etc.) but I've noticed that I have a solid baseline in the middle of my highs and lows.

@adriana28 I'm sorry weigh ins were driving you crazy! I don't know about you, but I notice after my period ends, I drop about 3 lbs. Right before my period, I gain about 2-3 lbs. In between, I'm usually a steady weight.

You're super close to your goal weight. Maybe you just packed on some muscle recently!

@adriana28 Ok but the progress you have made is that you're forming good new habits. You have found your best ways to get exercise and have probably learned a few new tasty recipes. On your journey to lifelong fitness, you've taken the first 17 steps!

You've figured out what works for you and as others said, weight fluctuates almost daily for many people and depending on your cycle or how much salt and food you've been eating you can gain/lose several lbs of water easily. Don't worry about where you'll be in three weeks, think about where you're going to be in 3 months. It's a marathon, not a sprint.

@startupchristian You are really right. Everyone has been so helpful and kind to this post and it’s really making me realize that these things don’t happen overnight. I really hope in 3 months from now I will be able to hit my goal, which I do think is possible if I stick to my healthy habits!

@adriana28 First thing don't feel discouraged..
Currently you are at normal limit of your weight, not overweight atleast

It's good to have fitness but it shouldn't be only obsession..some special days and celebration are part of life

Try to stay away from junk, processed foods along with your exercise routine

Are you following intermittent fasting?
Cause limiting insulin levels play major role in healthy weight loss along with good quality proteins
All the best!

@adriana28 My weight fluctuates sounds five lbs depending on various reasons, without even looking any different. Don’t be discouraged, one night of indulgence wont throw you off :) Also, make sure you’re not being to hard on yourself daily! You should eat what makes you happy, just make sure you’re getting your protein. :)

@adriana28 I know a lot of people have mentioned weight fluctuations, which is totally true.

I’ll fluctuate up to 3lbs just in one day sometimes!

For me I weigh everyday, and ow a month in I’ve seen my weekly averages and have seen that it decreases consistently, even when I have a day that might be 2 lbs higher on my official weigh in.

I get that you don’t like weighing in daily, which I totally get! Just want to give you an idea of what is has looked like for me ☺️

Good luck on your journey, and remember that the scale isn’t the end all be all!

@adriana28 Weight fluctuates. Learn to embrace enjoying celebrations and family/friend time, which includes the food! Food is part of the experience, it’s okay to enjoy it and gain a few pounds ! If your main goal is to lose weight, stay consistent with working out and give it time. It’s not the pounds within a few days (which is prob temporary), but instead, it’s the results you get in the big picture after more time. Don’t give up when you “fall back”, just continue. (But still enjoy your life !)