I don’t really eat vegetables as I don’t like most of them. Should I take multivitamin and Omega-3?

@musazi As someone who’s never been a big fan of vegetables and still finds it hard to make them a large part of meals:
  • Bell peppers are absolutely king. Green are good, red/orange/yellow are fantastic. Could not live without them. Go great in essentially every dish
  • Frozen peas & carrots. Started getting them for fried rice, kept getting them and just throw them in almost any time I make a rice dish or make eggs. Mostly adds texture and I think it’s a great addition
  • Spinach. Like peas and carrots. Throw it in with anything, almost no flavor. Small nutritional boost with every meal
Overall I really just focus on buying vegetables that can be easily thrown in stuff and work well or not be noticed.

@musazi I get frozen ones that are already cut into little strips. I eat them every single day with my morning eggs and I mix them into a lot of other things too. They’re delicious. And definitely cheaper than buying them fresh. Plus they won’t go bad in a few days if you don’t feel like eating them.

@musazi Sometimes. But usually I cook the peppers first and then scramble the eggs into the same pan they’re cooking in. I just push them to the side. Then once the eggs are cooked I mix everything together. I top them with avocado and tomato usually or just leave them as they are. :)

@musazi No, not frozen. Where do you live that bell peppers are expensive? I’m in a major city and bell peppers are between $0.90 - $1.50 depending on the color

@musazi Most big supermarkets do sell frozen bell Peppers, but they're not often avaialble in the smaller extra stores

Frozen Bell Peppers are fine to cook with, they'll go great in a chilli, spag bol, or anything made with a tomato sauce

@musazi If you're not eating a varied enough diet to get all the nutrients you need to thrive then supplementing your diet with a multivitamin is a good idea to avoid illness

I will say though that there are an enormous number of vegetables and just as many different ways of cooking them, so if you experiment you'll likely find several you do enjoy eventually. Additionally you can hide quite a lot of vegetables in sauces, especially if you let them cook down slowly or blend them.

@jennifermartin In my diet i get mostly lettuce, tomato, raw carrot, meat, pasta, rice, bread, fish & most fruits and nuts. I hate beans, peas & those types of food 🤦🏻 i know, im a weirdo

@musazi It's not particularly weird, everyone has foods they don't like

It sounds like you prefer raw vegetables, that's understandable. They've generally got a more crunchy texture and are often sweeter. Its really common as a lot of people have only been fed overcooked vegetables

Since you also like fruit, if you regularly eat the vegetables you listed, and fruit, I see no reason you would be deficient in vitamins.

I would reccomend trying more, a varied diet is good for health

Even trying just 1 new vegetable a week and seeing if you like it would be a good start

Based on what you listed
  • Cucumber
  • raw red pepper - then try roasted or stuffed
  • courgette - I like this roasted and filled with cream cheese

@musazi If you’re not eating veggies, please do take a multivitamin after talking with a doctor.

Don’t take too many of them though. (Stick to recommended doses of a single large spectrum vitamin, don’t double or triple up if a doctor hasn’t directed it because you can inadvertently make yourself sick.)

But if you can please consider adding vegetables from different color groups into your diet as you can. Humans evolved to eat more vegetables than meat and carbohydrates from grains.

If you make sure to have sufficient veggies and ruffage in your diet you’ll have a lot of bonuses from it, ranging from healthier skin/hair/nails, to more energy, to it being easier to poop comfortably.

Some spinach, collard greens, lettuce, tomatoes carrots yellow squash, bell peppers onions tomatoes, etc. all really make your diet just that much better for your overall physical health and your body feeling good.

@musazi Yes, everyone should. BUT that's no substitute for a healthy diet. You still need to eat properly including vegetables. Try different ways of preparing.