I don't understand S&S strength standards

@khohanguc PA wrestler for reference lol

TGU, snatches, double arm swings, front squats, bent over rows and cleans will all benefit the rigors of wrestling.

I do TGU, double arm swings, single arm swings, snatches, cleans, clean + press (from a stop), front squats, swing squats and bent over rows.

@kruise No they're not. They're in increments so that people of the relative same size can compete fairly against each other. So does mma, boxing, wrestling, judo etc.

And yes there are ifs and buts we can discuss, I love S&S but it's not a bible and Pavel is awesome but he's not a prophet and we're not in his cult. So yeah I'll discuss freely what I feel isn't right in his program

@feleb What does being snarky offers in the discussion? Pavel can be wrong you know. As others have said those standards exist mainly for marketing reasons. If not it would be multiplier/divider of bodyweight like it's done in powerlifting and strongman (deadlift: 2,5X BW, Squats 2X BW, etc.)

@feleb No worries, my apologies for misunderstanding.

Well maybe. But the fact that the program uses arbitrary numbers and doesn't use % is one of the reasons it sells well. It's easy to understand for anyone. My guess is he knows it

@nikknakk Here i meant Simple & Sinister. The program by Pavel Tatsouline. It consists of 100 one handed swings and 10 Turkish get-ups everyday. You up the weight as you become stronger

@khohanguc ???...every day or every workout? i have seen it described both ways....a not so subtle difference....myself? i sm slowly working on my swings and getuos aa i especially think the getups are a great addition to my full body style workouts...

@khohanguc 32 and 48 are generalized standards for people to set goals and work towards. Simple isn’t an indicator that it should be easily attained. Don’t take offense to it and let that put you off of your training. You can certainly use his program and set your own goals.

Best of luck on your journey to the 24kg s&s completion!