I feel like my PT is pushing me too hard. How do I tell him this?

@allroads If it feels like that you are making progress. I would love a chance to be able to work with a PT. Practically feeding you customized information built for your body. Everything listed are just examples of hard work. If you want to slow your progression, you could do less, but remember, you are paying them for a reason. They know more about what would be beneficial for your body than you do. Their job is to get you in your best shape. Think of it like sports. If you were throwing up at practice you were working the hardest. Losing feeling in your legs is just an example of being sore. He even gave a diet plan. You have all the tools to become a monster, now do you want to? Or do you want to make minimal progress that will show slight difference in months of training? What you eat is one of the most important parts. If you got that down, then you can manage the rest. I know it’s hard, that’s why you don’t see everyone walking around fit. If you want it you want it, the drive to push yourself can only be found within. No reply will change that. At the end of the day it’s your money and your time. If you genuinely think their pushing you too hard you could always either communicate that with your PT, or find a new one.

@allroads It seems like you just started on your adventure. Give it time. I had exactly the same complaints a year ago. Guess what? I've asked him to up the game. Because I got used to doing what he was asking (demanding) of me and my waist is now around 30". My weight is holding steady at around 160. This after four and a half years of making small periodic changes to diet and exercise habits and going from over 330 pounds (the scale didn't go any higher and it really seemed to need to at that point). It may seem tough, but there is not softer, kinder, gentler, easier way. Give yourself time. You will win.

@allroads I don't see anyone mention it here, i advise learning the symptoms of acidosis and if u feel any symptom or combination of symptoms Stop working right then and rest/hydrate. I saw a seriously scary case on court tv the other week a woman was suing her trainer because she got acidosis and got hospitalized but the judge ultimately ruled that shes under no obligation to press herself more than she wanted to and she caused her own damage. but she was pressured to keep going when she felt like quitting and she expressed like u did she didnt want to let him/herself down, so she assumed the trainer was safely guiding her towards fitness not trying to kill her....just keep going strong and set your boundaries where YOU want them and be safe, only you know when enough is enough. Oh and just be honest with him, if he's decent he will understand u want a softer start which is no shame, its a good place to start with just getting active/walking/jogging/stretching properly before pressing hard cardio. He should be teaching you in the beginning how to take care of your body and use your muscles safely not trying to get you gains imo

@allroads Imo, the most important thing for me with workouts was setting myself up for success. I started with a schedule/plan of something I can keep up for a long time. The other thing is be honest with your trainer, hopefully he'll be wanting to discuss it with you to set you up for success and find that sweet spot for you. Best of luck, sounds like you're killin it!

@allroads Just like you explained it here explain it to your PT. An experienced PT will mostly have dealt with people before in a similar way. The problem is people want instant results, so judging by your statement your bony will have no option but to change and adapt.