I made a r/xxfitness Search Engine that indexes ALL posts and Q&A megathreads

samwan

I made a search engine that lets you search r/xxfitness with better results than Google or Reddit search. All posts are searchable including daily/weekly question and discussion posts.

Link: r/xxfitness Search Engine

I made this because a lot of great advice was buried in megathreads (ie: daily Q&A threads, moronic monday) and most questions/answers in megathreads don't show up on google/reddit search. Google only indexes the first 200 comments (even if you use site:reddit.com/r/xxfitness) and Reddit doesn't search within them at all.

Here are some notable features:
  • Instant results as you type (feels silky smooth)
  • Preview the top comments in posts (and permalinks to view them directly in context)
  • Details at a glance such as vote count, date submitted, and number of replies
  • To share your search results, just copy and paste the url (it updates as you search)
  • Handles typos/spelling/plural vs singular
  • Responsive on mobile devices
  • Filter by date (it's also instantaneous)
  • Use quotes "" or minus sign - operators to include or exclude search terms
  • "Megathread" tag appears if the search result is from a weekly question megathread
  • Filter results to only show results from megathreads
I'd love to hear any feedback/suggestions you have!

ps: this was originally made for r/fitness where users found it helpful and asked me to make it available for r/xxfitness.

edit: Thank you for the sweet gold kind stranger!!

@samwan This is sick! Thank you OP! Btw if you’re willing to share, what kind of tech stack did you use to build this? It looks amazing and works so smoothly!

@samwan SO. USEFUL.

I'm starting to research another aspect of fitness & got uh-mazing results using this. Thank you! wanders off to use it in r/fitness

Is this going to be put somewhere for easy access or should I bookmark this sucker?

@samwan Oh my gosh, this is amazing! Finally stopped lurking this sub and registered just to give you an up vote. I just found all the answers to my grip strength questions that I've been searching for!