I've made a comprehensive program guide for free

@peinopela Hello, Tom! Thaks for the porgram, i've just started it yesterday and it was great!

I have just one question? can i replace the mobility routine by your flexibility routine? Cause one of my goals is more flexible.

@portiaraylee Awesome, which one? Absolutely I prefer the mobility routine as it has a more practical application to movement but the flexibility routine is great as well. You could do 2 sessions of each a week to keep it covering all basis :)

@peinopela Hey first off, great work and thank you for offering this to the community.

My question/concern is that the program seems to lack volume. For example, for the mass program, both the push and pull strength section only has a total of 5 exercises. I feel like a I can fit in 1/2 more exercises for 2-3 sets each. I know I can customize this to my own liking, but is there a reason you designed it as such?

@bluiegurl33 Welcome man. So, this is a valid concern but in reality the volume should be sufficient. I mention in the program about avoiding junk volume and focusing on quality and intensity of the movements that are performed.

A large issue with people not building mass is insufficient recovery from doing excessive muscle damage and ultimately not actually recovering from it. You don't need that much volume if quality of movement, progressive overload, sufficient calories and recovery is prioritised. I'd always focus on making an exercise harder to perform the reps than add excess volume. Obviously this is going to vary person to person. This is focused more around lifters with less than 1 year experience but I still apply the principles to myself 4/5 years down the line.

Give it a try and really push yourself on each set sticking to tempo and rest periods. I think you'll be surprised how intense it can be ;)

@peinopela Hi Tom, I'm reading the book, and I really like it, congratulations!

I have a question about deload, it recommends to do a 50% or less of the volume, doing 1 set of my routine (RR) would be a good deload? I still don't understand quite well what would be a 50% less of the volume (if I'm not using weights, does it refear to something else?).

The only thing I'd add to the book is some more information as for why the handstand is an essential position or why mobility will help me achieve bodyweight moves, but besides that it's really good!

Thank you for sharing!!

@exxi awesome man! You just take whatever you've been doing for your usual routine and half it. So if your last workout before the deload you did 3 sets of 8 reps of push ups. On your deload do 1 set of 8 reps, if you don't feel too fatigued then 2. Overall the volume for the session (number of total sets) should be halved.

Umm well I guess it just feels obvious for me. The handstand is essential for good overhead mobility, inversion, wrist strength, shoulder stability, shoulder health and many more advanced moves. It just kind of is at the core of bodyweight training, in my opinion of course. Mobility is the ability to move through a range of motion. If you want to do most bodyweight movements you need some level of mobility. More advanced moves generally require feats of mobility and strength.

@peinopela Excellent answer! Those are the thing I was missing. Thanks and I'll add mobility to my workout for sure now. I was doing but nothing serious, more like a warm up.

@peinopela Great stuff. I flagged this a week or so ago, and have just now come back to it to dive deeper. A couple of questions:

There aren't any links and I'm a bit confused when it comes to some of the exercises in the Beginner Program, within the "Full Body" regimen.

Exercises like Anterior Core and Posterior Core, as well as Lower Body Anterior and Lower Body Posterior – where do I go for some examples of those exercises? And even simpler, things like Horizontal Push / Pull and Vertical Push / Pull I felt a little lost at first, but have since figured out.

Sorry if it's a stupid question – I'm still a beginner here. But I'd figure I'd surface my questions hopefully for the benefit of some other beginners.

Thanks again!

@getbehindthebarn Alrighty dude so these were specifically left open and then example workouts used to hopefully illustrate possibilities.

Anterior and posterior refer to the front and back of your body respectively. Anterior core is going to be focused around abdominals and hip flexors while posterior is going to be lower back and glutes.

Anterior core might involve the hollow body, v-ups, L-sit, hanging leg raises etc. Anything involving body flexion. Posterior core might be arch body, reverse and normal hyper extensions, bridge work and back support holds.

For legs it would be quads for anterior and glutes and hamstrings for posterior.

So anterior dominant would be squats, lunges, pistols etc and posterior is hip thrusters, natural hamstring curls, straight good mornings.

I will be making videos to clarify this soon and an amended copy of the program will come out including these soon!

Hope that helps

@peinopela Hello, excellent program, I am already practicing it. But I came up with a doubt, according to the template week, I have to do the routine handstand and the fullbody the same days, should I do them at a time apart or one after the other? Is it not too long to do both one after another? Instead I can do the routine handstand in the days of mobility?

Thank you!

@stellaaster Awesome man, great to hear! I would personally do the handstand routine then the full body routine after in one session. If you don't want to do this then yes you could definitely do it on your rest days as well as the mobility :)