I need some suggestions on important stretches before kettlebell workouts. I’m a beginner

travis2014

Good day, I have some workouts I want to start with my 35lb kettlebell and looking for some common stretches to do pre workout.
Kettlebell moves include
Double arm high pull
Double arm and single arm swings
Kettlebell tip
Push press
Russian twist
(Workout was given by a wellness coach at work, so I don’t know if those are the proper names)
Thank you.

@travis2014 Dynamic stretching, or light resistance warm-ups have always served me better. Static stretching is generally considered to be more beneficial after a workout.

Typically I do 10-15 shoulder dislocates with a broom stick, followed by 10-15 overhead squats with the same broomstick. That usually gets me primed for just about anything. I also often do a few sets of 10-25 reps of a light resistance band exercises (like face pulls or pull-aparts) because my shoulders have historically given me issues.

@travis2014 Objective of warmup is to prepare for exercise, stretches (static at least) do the opposite. Do a couple of jumping jacks, a few burpees, squats, mountain climbers, some light resistance with elastics, jumping rope. Whatever raises your heart rate and mobilizes the joints you exercises will use

Back