I think I have found the perfect protein source

@sillyclaire Everyone here except you called me crazy for doing this lol.

Skimmed milk powder is a complete source of protein, is vegetarian and also pretty cheap. It ticks all three boxes for me hence I decided to add this to my diet.

@purete You're Crazy in a good sense. So it's nothing bad.
Especially the curd process was smart.

Good thinking with using the boxing method.
But then toh bhout saari chezo pe boxing ka Try and error karna pada hoga.

Usse kaise kam kia ?

@sillyclaire I make lots of notes regarding nutrition with scientific literature as source and personal anecdotes. The thing is that you have to do it for small time frame like 60-90 days to get detailed information about results from which you can reach to a suitable conclusion, when you get a result you can literally use it for your entire life.

I came across a yt video explaining pros and cons of different protein sources so I created my own set of boxes- price per gram of protein, convenience and quality of protein, since I am a vegetarian I didn’t create a separate category for that since all my sources are vegetarian.

For example whey is convenient, amazing quality but kinda expensive. Soy is cheap but is very inconvenient due to it absorbing lot of water and causing digestive issues and the quality of protein is also not comparable to other animal sources.

@purete Ok cool.
Do you have a list of all vegetarian sources of protein you would've made a list of ?
I'm vegetarian as well. So I have to make about 100g of protein.

@sillyclaire Currently I am having -

Punjabsind paneer - 200g - 44g protein - 110rs

Amul rose lassi - 2 packs - 30g protein- 50rs

Milk amul taaza - 700ml - 21g protein - 39rs

One scoop whey protein- 25g protein- 63rs

One scoop plant protein nakpro (trustified certified) - 23g protein - 32rs

I mix and match whatever feels cheaper and is convenient and completes my protein hoal

@sillyclaire I add lots of fiber with each meal and drink plenty of water and tbh there’s still some bloating but I don’t really care because there’s no other way to complete my protein goals, there’s always something you gotta sacrifice.

@purete Bro punjab sindh paneer is not available here in nagpur...so which brand low fat paneer and it should be cheap should I use ?

And again did u tried to make paneer from skimmed milk powder?

@maritalklinic Unfortunately punjabsind is the only lowfat paneer option in India atm, amul high protein paneer is another option but it’s super expensive and honestly it’s not worth it.

@maritalklinic It takes lot of time and effort but it’s the best paneer to ever exist in terms of nutrition, but tastes very bland due to absence of fat, feels like cardboard and hard since fat gives paneer that creamy texture.

@purete There is an enzyme which converts lactose to glucose
Watch Neil red milk video about it

Skimmed milk powder is a good source of protein if you replace it with milk but it could not replace whey protein

And it's still better than beginner protein powder which consists of milk solids (caesin, lactose) but doesn't even have 40% protein content shout out to muscle blaze beginners protein

It's also better than sattu for protein because it's a complete source of protein

And it's a decent enough cheap protein source for bulking

I could easily digest 100gm of milk powder without any issues

But if you really want to do it i would recommend to divide it into small doses 18gm x4 you only need 72gm of skimmed milk powder for a standard 25gm of protein dose in 30 gm of whey protein serving

It's a caesin protein mostly so it will absorb slowly anyway so there is no benefit of consuming a 100 gm of serving all at once

@ilovetaterzzz The bacteria doesn’t convert lactose to glucose, that’s what the enzyme in your stomach does, the bacteria converts lactose into lactic acid. The process you mentioned is completely different that’s done to make lactose free milk, the process I mentioned is called fermentation, where bacteria turns carbohydrates into carboxylic acid, it’s similar to how alcohol is made. This was taught in class 12 chemistry. I never mentioned it to be a whey protein replacement, whey is pretty much irreplaceable since it is the best source of protein out their so any natural food we have can technically never be better and hence replace whey protein.

Also, slow digesting proteins aren’t exactly bad in fact it doesn’t really matter as long as your daily protein intake is being completed.

@purete I didn't meant you should change lactose to glucose
It was a good video in which he separated caesin,whey, lactose from milk with chemistry which is a interesting video to watch

I am not saying caesin protein is bad , it's the second best protein source for supplementation

What I want to say is to divide it into small doses to reduce bloating and gas effects you might have and don't really need to consume 100 gm of it 72gm of it would be equivalent to one scoop of whey