I think I have found the perfect protein source

@redeemedpirate It actually isn’t a good source of protein, it’s nowhere near to whey, milk protein or meat. The bioavailability is low, leucine content is also very low and it’s severely deficient in methionine, even though it looks complete on paper. Its also misleading to think that it gives 52g of protein per 100g because it absorbs water like crazy and doubles it size after cooking, in fact it keeps on absorbing more water throughout digestion. That’s the reason why it gives gas to so many people. It’s a great source if you’re vegan but there are better options available out there. I used to consume 100g daily then I replaced them completely from my diet with skimmed milk and dahi. I saw significant results in those 2-3 months after replacing them. So they didn’t work for me at least.

@purete I also get constipation from soy, because it sucks in water in the stomach. Maybe soybeans cooked as Indian Dal are effective. I just turned omnivore.

@purete Hey 👋
Thank you for the information. I personally never faced gastric issues with soy products so didn’t know that. I looked up the amino acid profile of soy after reading your comment and the methionine and Leucine content seems to be fine in the report. Could you please send me any pubmed link or any other resource for reference?
Thank you

@redeemedpirate Hello buddy, the problem is people usually use soy protein isolate and soy products interchangeably but the fact is that they are completely different. Soy protein isolates maybe added with methionine to fulfill the deficiency. It’s very well known fact the soy is severely deficient in methionine, the first result when you search ‘soy and methionine’ you get this research paper - https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11312815/#:~:text=Soy%20protein%20is%20a%20major,the%20essential%20amino%20acid%20methionine.

Soy protein is a major component of the diet of food-producing animals and is increasingly important in the human diet. However, soy protein is not an ideal protein because it is deficient in the essential amino acid methionine.

The soya chunks we eat are called textured vegetable protein

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/textured-vegetable-protein#:~:text=Textured%20vegetable%20proteins%20have%20a,the%20first%20limiting%20amino%20acid.

Textured vegetable proteins have a PER (protein efficiency ratio) of at least 80% of casein. Soy protein contains all the essential amino acids. The amino acid lysine is present in substantial levels, and methionine is the first limiting amino acid.