If I don’t get 4-8 hours of sleep how much is it hurting my gains?

@1ambassador as long as you can get your workout volume in and eat enough, imo you're good. don't stress over it, obviously try to do all the things you can to get your sleep in order, but out of all the variables that affect hypertrophy i think it's one of the more overrated ones.

@1ambassador You need to sleep between 7.5-8hrs, most days of the week.

It would be more worth your while to recalibrate your idea of fitness to accommodate a more proper sense of rest.

Have you tried melatonin? No screen time/bright lights ~1.5 hrs before bed?

Your co-morbidities will continue shooting through the roof without proper rest, so please consider putting your need for rest first.

@1ambassador It sounds like you’re working out in the evening. If you can do it earlier in the day it’s better for sleep. Training increases noradrenaline levels for a few hours, which makes it hard to get restful deep sleep.

@boyboy999 I actually do workout about 1-2 hours before bed. Maybe I’ll try switching that up. Thanks. I was always under the impression that working out before bed can be beneficial for sleep as it wears you down

@1ambassador Sounds like insomnia, I would see a doctor. I cant imagine naturally waking up after only 4h of sleep let alone 2h. Without an alarm I always sleep at least 7-8 hours going into 9h even, 6 is unheard of

@1ambassador Probably individual for every body but for example I have 2 kids under 2 and also I'm a shift worker. I literally never sleep more than 3 hrs in one piece and I still made good gains over the last years